Windows 10: Execute as administrator issue.

Discus and support Execute as administrator issue. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I'am on windows 10 pro 14393.222 And my win 10 account is set as administrator since the begining and never had such issues in the past.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wootwoots, Oct 31, 2016.

1. wootwoots Win User

Execute as administrator issue.

Hello.
    I'am on windows 10 pro 14393.222
    And my win 10 account is set as administrator since the begining and never had such issues in the past.

Since a while i have some issues with the win 10 cumulative updates that block at 99% ( the KB3194798 & KB3197954 ) I asked for some help on the microsoft community forum thing about that.
    I had do try somes "basic" thing like clean reboot / sfc /scannow - the DISM thing

Then i was asked to "reinitialize" winupdate with that .bat
    @echo off
    echo Reminder: This must be run from an elevated command prompt!
    pause
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver
    pause

After that ( and a reboot ) i wasnt able anymore to open the gpedit.msc ( i had to go disable theEnableLUA thing in the registery, thing i never had to do )

And now i cant start as admin things like cmd - powershell etc... anymore
    Well more precisely, it doesnt work when i do that on the shortcut ( thoses pined in the start menu as exemple )
    But if do that directly on the .exe, like if i go to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe the execute as admin work...

Anyone have any idea why i have this "bug" ? and how can i do to solve that ? that's kinda very annoying.
    ( i even tried, just in case, to create another admin account, and same issue )

thanks !

:)

wootwoots, Oct 31, 2016

2. Issue as Administrator

(1) Hold SHIFT, as you click "Restart".

This should boot to the Recovery Environment at the "Choose an option" screen.

(2) Click "Advanced Options".

(3) Click "See more recovery options"

You should see an option to revert to the previous OS there. But the option - I believe I've read - will not be there, if previously you chose to do a Reset. Also, it may not be there, if 30 days have passed since your upgrade.

You may want to try other options first. Good luck.

Edit 6/5: As Tryx3 says, try & try again to get back your user account. And maybe try other things in the Recovery Environment as well. Here is something to consider doing first...

Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start

Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start

PCR Just PCR, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Issue as Administrator

Bob,

Two steps -

1 Check that Fast start is off -

Right-click on the Start button,

Control panel,

[View by - large/Small icons, if necessary to see the next action],

Power options,

Choose what the power buttons do,

Change settings that are currently unavailable,

clear the box for Fast start,

Save changes.

2 Reboot and, when the computer maker's logo has appeared, press and hold the
    Shift key until the logon screen appears. You should now be able to see all the user accounts so you can choose which one you want.

By the way, I assume that "I enabled the Administrator user mode" means that you enabled the Built-In Admin account. That allows you, and any hacker who has reached your computer, to install anything without any onscreen warnings to tell you what is going
    on. Creating Admin-level local user accounts of your own & disabling the Built-In Admin account is a much safer practice.

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Execute as administrator issue.

It is normal, removing catroot2, removes certificates required by UAC.
    Make sure you are connected to the internet and that cryptSvc is running.
    Catroot2 will be rebuild within an hour. You might notice high CPU usage.

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2016
  5. wootwoots Win User
    Oh i see, thanks for the information !

It took more than 1hours, but yeah its now back to normal !

wootwoots, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Execute as administrator issue.

1. Execute as administrator issue. - Similar Threads - Execute administrator issue

2. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  3. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  4. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Run an executable as Administrator without my approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run an executable as Administrator without my approval: Hello!Is there a way to run at the Windows' startup a software as Admin without me clicking the "Yes" button example image below of what I would like to remove?...
  6. Run an executable as Administrator without my approval

Run an executable as Administrator without my approval: Hello!Is there a way to run at the Windows' startup a software as Admin without me clicking the "Yes" button example image below of what I would like to remove?...
  7. Administrator Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Issue: Here's one for the experts. I received a laptop from my sister and I factory reset it to put it in my name. It runs windows 11 with up to date software and drivers. I am trying to download some applications that need access to some parts of the computer for college, but it...
  8. Administrator Issue

Administrator Issue: Here's one for the experts. I received a laptop from my sister and I factory reset it to put it in my name. It runs windows 11 with up to date software and drivers. I am trying to download some applications that need access to some parts of the computer for college, but it...
  9. administrator issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator issue: Asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this is probably why. Any suggestions?...
  10. Programs execution issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs execution issue: Hi , i'm facing this since yestereday ...im unable to run any kind of programs unless i run them with admin rights , so the following error keeps displaying whenever i run an .exe file : [ATTACH] This message includes ALL programs , i request your help...