Windows 10: Executing a .bat file on CMD

Discus and support Executing a .bat file on CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomyfr, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tomyfr Win User

Executing a .bat file on CMD

Hello all,

For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up:
    Setting up environment for Qt usage...

It happened a time and when we wanted to restart the process, because of a problem, and re-execute that file, this message wasn't shown.
    Actually when I hit enter on CMD nothing is shown up and the cursor goes back to the previous path. In other words, the .bat file won't be executed to set up the environment.

Does anyone know how to fix this and execute the file properly, please?

:)

tomyfr, Mar 24, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

What Bree posted does work, all you will see is a brief flicker in the taskbar, no cmd window. When you say "without access", do you mean no permission to run it? Also set the shortcut to run as Admin. Example:

Executing a .bat file on CMD [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Bingus Win User
    Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

I have a bat file closing a program - Digital Clock close.bat - containing:

Code:
    How could I avoid this window to be opened when executing the bat file:

Executing a .bat file on CMD 3eZeyML.png

Bingus, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Kotabug Win User

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD and when i go and change the program and find CMD and or Command Prompt it says that the program that i chose cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another. I ran CMD with .bat file before, but
    now i can't. I there a solution to this, please?

Original Title: Set Associations

Kotabug, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Executing a .bat file on CMD - Similar Threads - Executing bat file

2. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Help with CMD and .bat files: I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop) However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location. So isn't there anyway I can change...
  3. Wait in .bat file

Wait in .bat file: How do I insert a wait command? I have several commands in this .bat file. I am finding some error out if they go too quickly. So here is what I would like to do. CMD 1 <Wait 5 Seconds> CMD 2 <Wait 5 Seconds> CMD 3 I do not know if this matters or not, but the...
  4. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  5. .bat files changed?

.bat files changed?: Greetings. Regarding Windows 10. I have a .bat file that I've used for... well, since forever. It rarely changes and it hasn't changed in months. Despite running quite fine in its current incarnation for some months now it's quite recently it's began throwing the error:...
  6. Windows .bat File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...
  7. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution: hello guys i m look for a solution i m like to rename C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to C:\Windows\System32\command.exe but then i m can not open anny *.bat file can you guys help me...
  8. autoclose cmd after execution

in Windows 10 Support
    autoclose cmd after execution: Hello, i need to autoclose cmd, after execution. I changed dword 32 value in regedit under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command to: "cmd.exe /k "%1" %*" Now it won't autoclose, i needed it to see error message and now i can't google default value. Thanks for help....
  9. Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?: I have a bat file closing a program - Digital Clock close.bat - containing: Code: taskkill /F /IM digital_clock.exe[/quote] How could I avoid this window to be opened when executing the bat file: [img] 92109
  10. I can no longer run bat file as Admin (cmd flickers then closes)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can no longer run bat file as Admin (cmd flickers then closes): I made a working script for my windows to mount and unmount drives and it works but it requires admin permission. right after i made the script i saved it and test it and it was working fine, i tested it about 15 times and it works. then i reboot and the script no longer...