Windows 10: Executing a .bat file on CMD

Discus and support Executing a .bat file on CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomyfr, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tomyfr Win User

Executing a .bat file on CMD

Hello all,

For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up:
    Setting up environment for Qt usage...

It happened a time and when we wanted to restart the process, because of a problem, and re-execute that file, this message wasn't shown.
    Actually when I hit enter on CMD nothing is shown up and the cursor goes back to the previous path. In other words, the .bat file won't be executed to set up the environment.

Does anyone know how to fix this and execute the file properly, please?

:)

tomyfr, Mar 24, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

What Bree posted does work, all you will see is a brief flicker in the taskbar, no cmd window. When you say "without access", do you mean no permission to run it? Also set the shortcut to run as Admin. Example:

Executing a .bat file on CMD [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Bingus Win User
    Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

I have a bat file closing a program - Digital Clock close.bat - containing:

Code:
    How could I avoid this window to be opened when executing the bat file:

Executing a .bat file on CMD 3eZeyML.png

Bingus, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Kotabug Win User

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD and when i go and change the program and find CMD and or Command Prompt it says that the program that i chose cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another. I ran CMD with .bat file before, but
    now i can't. I there a solution to this, please?

Original Title: Set Associations

Kotabug, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Executing a .bat file on CMD - Similar Threads - Executing bat file

2. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  3. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  4. Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot

Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot: Hello1. Due to some reasons, I need to reboot my win10 daily at 4 AM. Please dont comment on why I do this and try to convince me not to. This daily reboot is non-negotiable.2. I have scheduled to run some .bat file at 430AM or so, once the reboot is completed. Unfortunately,...
  5. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  6. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  7. .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?: I want to run a .bat file that will allocate more ram to my Minecraft server. I receive the following message. Please ask questions :D [ATTACH] [ATTACH] .bat Dateien lassen sich nicht ausführen (Windows 10)?
  8. Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar: Some UWP apps look very out of place on my taskbar and I wanted to change the icons. The only way I found looking instead of editing in MS Visual Studio was to make a run command and that opens the app. However, I can't pin it to the taskbar. I tried .bat but that didn't work...
  9. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Help with CMD and .bat files: I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop) However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location. So isn't there anyway I can change...
  10. Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?: I have a bat file closing a program - Digital Clock close.bat - containing: Code: taskkill /F /IM digital_clock.exe[/quote] How could I avoid this window to be opened when executing the bat file: [img] 92109