Windows 10: execution policy

Discus and support execution policy in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lelieee, Aug 23, 2023.

1. lelieee Win User

execution policy

on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined - CurrentUser Undefined - LocalMachine Unrestrictedis it ok that the localmachine is set to unrestricted. Note: I changed the group policy setting for machinepolicy that´s why it says restricted.can I change everything to restricted or at least restrict localmachine.

:)

lelieee, Aug 23, 2023

2. Unable to execute the Powershell scripts on Windows 11

I ran get-executionpolicy -list on a Windows 10 computer where PowerShell was never run before.

It showed:

Scope ExecutionPolicy

----- ---------------

MachinePolicy Undefined

UserPolicy Undefined

Process Undefined

CurrentUser Undefined

LocalMachine Undefined

On Windows 11 Sandbox, it showed the same thing.

According to the official documentation, "Undefined" means:

• Undefined. No execution policy is set for the scope. Removes an assigned execution policy from a scope that is not set by a Group Policy. If the execution policy in all scopes is Undefined, the effective execution policy is Restricted.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 23, 2023
  3. A123 Win User
    Set Execution Policy in Powershell

Thanks for the link that helps me understand the execution policy

4. A123 Win User

execution policy

Set Execution Policy in Powershell

I set the Execution Policy in Powershell to unrestricted to run a couple of command lines and then set the policy back to restricted. Does setting the policy to unrestricted for a small period of time harm Windows 10? Does one have to set the policy back
    to restricted or does closing Powershell and relaunching Powershell put the policy back to restricted?

Thema:

execution policy

1. execution policy - Similar Threads - execution policy

2. execution policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    execution policy: on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined - CurrentUser Undefined - LocalMachine Unrestrictedis it ok that the localmachine is set to unrestricted. Note: I changed the group...
  3. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  4. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  5. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  7. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  8. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....
  10. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....