Windows 10: Exe's require a reboot to delete?

Discus and support Exe's require a reboot to delete? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every since a recent update this/last week I'm having issues with deleting exe's. This is what happens. I delete the executable and it'll disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/usingthisforsubs, May 23, 2020.

1. Exe's require a reboot to delete?

Every since a recent update this/last week I'm having issues with deleting exe's.

This is what happens. I delete the executable and it'll disappear from Windows Explorer. I close the window and re-open it and the file is back. However, not really. If I try to delete this file it tells me I need administrator permissions. If I give permission it tells me I need administrator permission, but this time only gives me the option to try again or cancel. If I reboot, the file is gone.

So it's deleted, but for some reason still shows itself. This only seems to happen with exe's. Also, I am deleting using Shift + Delete so that it deletes immediately and skips the Recycle Bin.

Another thing to note is if I launch the Command Prompt with administrator permissions it'll list the file in the folder. If I do del <file> it will tell me Access is denied.

The only way to get the file to actually disappear is to reboot. When I reboot it's gone, I don't need to delete it again.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

submitted by /u/usingthisforsubs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/usingthisforsubs, May 23, 2020
  2. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, May 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 23, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

Exe's require a reboot to delete?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Exe's require a reboot to delete?

1. Exe's require a reboot to delete? - Similar Threads - Exe's require reboot

2. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  3. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  4. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deletion and Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion and Reboot: Why does windows need to reboot after you delete an app?This is linked to my previous question but what is the need ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deletion-and-reboot/6cda5cb5-9dd1-47ac-8cc4-54b8830ad2ca
  6. Deletion and Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion and Reboot: Why does windows need to reboot after you delete an app?This is linked to my previous question but what is the need ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deletion-and-reboot/6cda5cb5-9dd1-47ac-8cc4-54b8830ad2ca
  7. Delete Password Requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Password Requirement: I am setting up an HP laptop with windows 10 for my 83 year old aunt. I don't want her to have to enter a password to get into the computer. Someone was helping me set it up and created an outlook email and password. I want to get rid of that requirement. When I go to...
  8. .exe file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  9. Error occurred and REBOOT requiring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error occurred and REBOOT requiring: Hello everyone When I was using my laptop, a sudden error occurred. Then the familiar blue screen appeared. But just a minute later, it turned off itself and ran the command “Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a...
  10. Password is not required on reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password is not required on reboot: I ended up needing to reload windows to get 1809 to load properly. Now when you reboot the computer, it does not challenge you for a password even though it is set up to require a password. If I log out of the user, then the password is requested as appropriate. In the old...