Windows 10: EXFAT and NFTS compatibility

Discus and support EXFAT and NFTS compatibility in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an external SSD drive for file storage/archiving (Oyen), formatted EXFAT. My Dell w/Windows 10 is NFTS. Will there be any problems or speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClayJohnson_855, Jan 26, 2019.

1. EXFAT and NFTS compatibility

I have an external SSD drive for file storage/archiving (Oyen), formatted EXFAT. My Dell w/Windows 10 is NFTS. Will there be any problems or speed issues using this combo, or is it necessary to convert the External Drive to NFTS?

:)

ClayJohnson_855, Jan 26, 2019

2. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Mike0409 Win User
    exFat

If anyone hasn't heard of exFat, take a look at this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

Just swapped to exFat on all my portable drives. I got really frustrated with 4Gb file limitations on my portable drives, as well as limited partition sizes. And i don't use Linux or any other OS to much (Tho i should probably have a Linux box built just for formatting drives). And now that there's a patch for XP as well to support compatibility, i believe its worth it.

Mike0409, Jan 26, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

EXFAT and NFTS compatibility

exFat

All though my 1st thought was ExFat and how to get rid of that ex gf LMAO.

I knew it mean extended and since XP i've only used fat32 once with it witch was a total fail. There is programs that allow you to see Linux from XP visa versa.

NTFS has always worked best for me.

AsRock, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

EXFAT and NFTS compatibility

1. EXFAT and NFTS compatibility - Similar Threads - EXFAT NFTS compatibility

2. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error: Hello, yesterday I tried to factory reset my computer but during the factory reset, a Blue Screen of Death would keep popping up with the code NFTS FILE SYSTEM. I searched for some solutions online but none of them work, I can't access the startup repair menu or safe mode...
  3. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error: Hello, yesterday I tried to factory reset my computer but during the factory reset, a Blue Screen of Death would keep popping up with the code NFTS FILE SYSTEM. I searched for some solutions online but none of them work, I can't access the startup repair menu or safe mode...
  4. NFTS FILE SYSTEM BSOD error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. chkdsk and exfat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk and exfat: Hello --- I have a vhd file that is formated as exfat --- each time I attach it, I get a message to run chkdsk. --- after chkdsk is done it reports no errors --- why is this?...
  6. chkdsk and exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk and exfat: Hello --- I have a vhd file that is formated as exfat --- each time I attach it, I get a message to run chkdsk. --- after chkdsk is done it reports no errors --- why is this?...
  7. chkdsk and exfat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.: Hi Everyone: I have a USB MMC with Exfat format, but I am having problems to copy files and save information inside this. Is compatible this format with the operative system or is better change the format to avoid these problems....
  9. How to reset NFTS file permissions?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset NFTS file permissions?: You could lleave it as fat32 but convert to ntfs is bomb proof as its a MS tool
  10. ExFAT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ExFAT: I have Samsung SSD with exFAT file system.Can I use for Win10 download? 8215

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exfat compatibility

2. exfat to nfts on windows problems