Windows 10: Exhibition auto display of presentations selected

Discus and support Exhibition auto display of presentations selected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not a very good question title - sorry! We have a number of static history displays in the local Priory which gets a lot of visitors. To augment this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sigurd, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Exhibition auto display of presentations selected

Not a very good question title - sorry!

We have a number of static history displays in the local Priory which gets a lot of visitors. To augment this I want to set up a number of Powerpoint presentations about different historical aspects. That much is easy. The problem is how to run them.
    Some of these wishes may not be practical or even feasible.
    • I would prefer the power to only be on when someone is wanting to look at presentation. That could be done via a timer switch triggered by visitor. Monitor and PC are set to come on as soon as power is applied. After enough time has been allowed for visitor to view all presentations if they wish, power to PC and monitor is switched off.
    • Powerpoint needs to automatically display a menu e.g. Press 1 for presentation 1, 2 for presentation 2, etc. I assume I will need PowerPoint for the web for this.
    • At end of each presentation the menu display is re-loaded ready for next selection.
    • I don't want visitor trying to access anything else on PC so they need to be locked out of that (not that there would be anything on it other than OS and PP player.

The PowerPoint aspects I can probably sort out myself (but still would welcome suggestions)

Technology - an old PC running Windows 7 (so maybe I am in the wrong forum!) and LED monitor. Standard keyboard and mouse.

What I am not sure about is how to set things up so that Windows and the PP display is loaded when power is applied. I know the former should be possible via the BIOS and the latter by using the old Startup folder that used to run programs automatically on startup but which seems to have been hidden in later versions of WIndows.

I have some ideas on how to do this but I may be barking up the wrong tree and someone out there may already have done this and may be able to point to the correct tree.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - hopefully you will have some pointers!

:)

Sigurd, Jun 11, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Multiple display selection not present

Went from upgrade 10130 with both monitors in extended mode to a clean install of 10130. Multiple display selection is not present. Both monitors are in Mirror mode at the present. (both showing the same thing). Connected devices only show 1 monitor. Graphics is on the Mother board. (I run W8.1 on same machine without any display issue.)

meebers, Jun 11, 2019
  3. I want to lock my computer's display orientation as landscape. In Display Settings, I don't find a turn off auto-rotate option.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can refer the steps below to turn-off the Auto-rotate settings.

• Go to Search. Type Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display. Select Advanced displays settings.
    • And check if it present over there.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Exhibition auto display of presentations selected - Similar Threads - Exhibition auto display

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Auto-Select: Hello.For some reason whenever I click on Cortana it keeps auto selecting the top option All and the place where I can type, making it impossible to actually type things. It does this in all place run by windows including settings, but doesn’t do it anywhere else.I have...
  5. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Auto-Select: Hello.For some reason whenever I click on Cortana it keeps auto selecting the top option All and the place where I can type, making it impossible to actually type things. It does this in all place run by windows including settings, but doesn’t do it anywhere else.I have...
  6. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Auto folder selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto folder selection: I recently connected my Microsoft account to my new computer, then somehow OneDrive decided to sync these three folders Desktop/Documents/Pictures, the problem is I already have two folders labeled Documents and Pictures, and the stupid application messed up my files by...
  8. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...
  9. Multiple display selection not present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple display selection not present: Went from upgrade 10130 with both monitors in extended mode to a clean install of 10130. Multiple display selection is not present. Both monitors are in Mirror mode at the present. (both showing the same thing). Connected devices only show 1 monitor. Graphics is on the Mother...
  10. Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad Auto Selects & Auto Opens: I just ran across a problem with 10240. When I used my touchpad to move around the desktop, icons are automatically selected and started. The problem went away after a restart but now I am very careful using my touchpad. I think I may have to look and see if a new driver is...