Windows 10: Exiftool

Discus and support Exiftool in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Exiftool and ExiftoolGUI to add metadata for old and oldish lenses when the camera cannot read such information,. They both work fine on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlB0101, Mar 28, 2022.

1. AlB0101 Win User

Exiftool

I use Exiftool and ExiftoolGUI to add metadata for old and oldish lenses when the camera cannot read such information,. They both work fine on my laptop that runs Win 10 Home edition but will not work on my desktop PC that runs Win 10 Pro. They did previously work on the PC, but no longer do.Both versions of windows 10 are up to date.Can anyone help me get them working om the desktop PC, please?

:)

AlB0101, Mar 28, 2022

2. EXIFTOOL crashes on my Windows 10 system but not some others

The utility EXIFTOOL crashes on my Windows 10 system but not some others. As soon as I try to run it, I get the message "exiftool ahs stopped working".

I have the latest version and, according to the use forum, some people can run it OK under Windows 10 while others can't.

Any help appreciated.

Michael - I, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Time shift the "date taken" for multiple photos

There are several ways to change a photo's date taken by editing its EXIF data. You can find a list of tools here:

7 Free Tools To Change Photo's Exif Data, Remove Metadata And Hide Dates

Most powerful is ExifTool which runs in the command line but has also an GUI version

ExifTool: ExifTool by Phil Harvey

ExifTool GUI for Windows: http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/~bogdan/

You can even upload your photos to google photos and shift the date even of a batch of photos there.

The answer of Joy is unfortunately misleading. It is just not possible with Windows 10's built in photo editor. But in principle one can find a way to do this.

Tenforo, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

Exiftool

1. Exiftool - Similar Threads - Exiftool

2. Exiftool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exiftool: I use Exiftool and ExiftoolGUI to add metadata for old and oldish lenses when the camera cannot read such information,. They both work fine on my laptop that runs Win 10 Home edition but will not work on my desktop PC that runs Win 10 Pro. They did previously work on the PC,...
  3. Exiftool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exiftool: I use Exiftool and ExiftoolGUI to add metadata for old and oldish lenses when the camera cannot read such information,. They both work fine on my laptop that runs Win 10 Home edition but will not work on my desktop PC that runs Win 10 Pro. They did previously work on the PC,...