Windows 10: Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive

Discus and support Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've had a nightmare of a few hours but to cut it down short, I've had to reinstall Windows on my SSD. Before I had to do this, I had installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lycanse, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Lycanse Win User

Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive

So I've had a nightmare of a few hours but to cut it down short, I've had to reinstall Windows on my SSD.

Before I had to do this, I had installed a few games from the Xbox PC Store (Beta) with my PC Gamepass. Now, I installed these games on my D drive, not my C drive, because of space and so I don't lose my data.

After installing Windows, is it possible to simply point the Xbox app to my files and use them normally or will I have to delete everything and redownload them?

:)

Lycanse, Oct 6, 2019

2. Apps & Games lists a program that does not exist

I uninstalled the Sims 4 months ago but a logoless version of the program still is listed under apps and games inside the settings. When I click to uninstall, it says that C:/Programfiles(x86)/The Sims 4/unins000.exe does not exist. It also says in apps
    and games that it's taking up almost 9 Gigabytes on my hard drive, so I'd like to make that not be the case. Please help.

cobaltcrow, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive

little cat, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive

1. Existing Apps and Games on Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Existing Apps Games

2. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-existent virtual hard drive: Solidigm Synergy software is detecting and assuming a 8gb virtual hard drive as my system drive. This breaks the software as it wont be able to show details for the true physical disks as it was supposed to. I cannot fins any virtual hard drive in the disk manager. What is...
  3. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-existent virtual hard drive: Solidigm Synergy software is detecting and assuming a 8gb virtual hard drive as my system drive. This breaks the software as it wont be able to show details for the true physical disks as it was supposed to. I cannot fins any virtual hard drive in the disk manager. What is...
  4. Non-existent virtual hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard Drive Shell Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Shell Game: My current laptop has a 2TB drive with Windows 10 Home OEM on it, and a 1TB drive. I just purchased a new laptop that only has one 512GB drive with Windows 10 Professional OEM.I'd like to swap the 512GB drive on the new laptop with the 2TB drive on the old laptop.Any...
  6. Hard Drive Shell Game

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Shell Game: My current laptop has a 2TB drive with Windows 10 Home OEM on it, and a 1TB drive. I just purchased a new laptop that only has one 512GB drive with Windows 10 Professional OEM.I'd like to swap the 512GB drive on the new laptop with the 2TB drive on the old laptop.Any...
  7. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist: Hi allSo last night I'm playing the game Forged Battalion and my system is normally otherwise solid with no issues at all and out of nowhere the sound goes brrr for a little second which I thought oh **** normally that's the sign of a BSOD. Oddly though my PC recovered from...
  8. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist: Hi allSo last night I'm playing the game Forged Battalion and my system is normally otherwise solid with no issues at all and out of nowhere the sound goes brrr for a little second which I thought oh **** normally that's the sign of a BSOD. Oddly though my PC recovered from...
  9. Hard disk error on a hard drive that does not exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Using existing hard drive in new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using existing hard drive in new machine: Can I install my existing hard drive with win 10 pro in new machine so that I don't have to reinstall everything? Current machine is 8 years old but has i7 in it....