Windows 10: Existing OS win10 pc swap

Discus and support Existing OS win10 pc swap in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had a laptop with win10 and a ssd in it but never used it. I put now the ssd into a new pc and it seems to work fine. Do I have to do a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MeisterHawk, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Existing OS win10 pc swap

Hi,

I had a laptop with win10 and a ssd in it but never used it.

I put now the ssd into a new pc and it seems to work fine. Do I have to do a new installation of win 10 or can I use the old installation?

thx

:)

MeisterHawk, Apr 1, 2020

2. Swap HDD between PCs with Win10

Hi,

I just bought a ASUG G20 gaming PC that comes with a 1TB HDD and a OEM Win10 installed with a digital key. I have a custom built Win10 PC with a 500GB SSD and a Win10 digital license (from a Win8 upgrade) linked to my account.

Can I from a Win10 license point-of-view simply swap the HDD over and expect the licenses to function correctly?

My worry is that the OEM license will not work on my custom built PC and that I cannot swap the licenses "around" - any suggestions on how this functions?

Regards

Jeppe

Jeppe Funk, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Existing OS win10 pc swap

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Existing OS win10 pc swap

1. Existing OS win10 pc swap - Similar Threads - Existing win10 swap

2. SSD swapping, laggy PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD swapping, laggy PC: I have recently upgraded my SSD, and suddenly everything is lagging, and the games I play are very glitchy and laggy. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-swapping-laggy-pc/cb4649b2-b9e9-465b-8d7e-6d94d7e3f54e
  3. SSD swapping, laggy PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD swapping, laggy PC: I have recently upgraded my SSD, and suddenly everything is lagging, and the games I play are very glitchy and laggy. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-swapping-laggy-pc/cb4649b2-b9e9-465b-8d7e-6d94d7e3f54e
  4. Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc: Hello, I recently bought a new FreeDOS pc and I want to transfer my license from my current pc to my new one. My current one had win7 and I upgraded it a few years ago to win10. I couldnt find any license key or something like that so I was wondering how I can transfer this...
  5. Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.: So I have a PC running OEM win10. I finally want to upgrade to another PC that also has OEM win10. Can I just swap my OS drive? I basically want to upgrade my motherboard and not having to reinstall everything. Thanks....
  6. Adding an SSD to an existing, and quite old, Win10 PC installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding an SSD to an existing, and quite old, Win10 PC installation: hi, I have a new 250gb SSD to add in a PC with Win10 and currently running on two HDD, one with the SO and another one acting as an archive. I'd go for a clean install on the SSD, without touching the existing HDDs and then eventually transfering few files to the new drive....
  7. win10 os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 os: *sarc I am using win10 10586 and would like to know if this is the latest on the slow ring. 50534
  8. Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer

Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer: My situation is this: My samsung laptop died on me before I could back much of my HDD up. I have the opportunity to buy a nearly identical Samsung from Ebay that does not have an HDD for equal or less than the cost of fixing my current laptop (Ac plug shorted) My...
  9. Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10

Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10: Hi. I've finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. I built my PC myself and may build another in the future which is why I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool. I was about to make a start when I got this message (see pic). Can anyone tell me if I'll have...
  10. Swapped hard drive into new Win10 pc - all files deleted on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapped hard drive into new Win10 pc - all files deleted on startup: Hi, I'm new to these forums and Win 10. I've just purchased a used (clean OS install) desktop with Win10 pro installed. It has a primary SSD drive, and a storage 3GB magnetic hard drive. I attempted to unplug the existing 3GB drive and replace with a 1GB magnetic (storage,...