Windows 10: Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

Discus and support Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by user108_153, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence with my Microsoft account and am attempting to reactivate the Windows installation after a hardware upgrade.It is my understanding that this should be possible.However, this is not working and the troubleshooter did not resolve the issue.I phoned Microsoft Support and was told that all Windows 10 digital licences that were provided as upgrades from Windows 7/8 can no longer be used to reactivate Windows - even full retail versions - after any h

:)

user108_153, Dec 9, 2023

2. I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

"the above steps" DO NOT WORK !

There is no "Cancel Reservation" option available !!

AyranDreger, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Vijay B Win User
    I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Technical Preview testing.

How are you trying to cancel your reservation?

You can cancel your reservation at any time prior to installing Windows 10. Here’s how:

• Right click on the Get Windows 10 App or Windows icon located in right end of the taskbar.

• Select “Check your upgrade status”

• Select “Cancel reservation”
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

1. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled? - Similar Threads - Existing upgrades are

2. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?: Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence with my Microsoft account and am attempting to reactivate the Windows installation after a hardware upgrade.It is my...
  3. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?: Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence with my Microsoft account and am attempting to reactivate the Windows installation after a hardware upgrade.It is my...
  4. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?: Order Number: 9178699495Date purchased: July 8, 2023Upgrade to Windows 10/11 Pro1CAD 130.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-windows-10-pro-upgrade-purchase/b7b95bc2-b2b8-4bf0-a1dd-30f83dff15e4
  5. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?: Order Number: 9178699495Date purchased: July 8, 2023Upgrade to Windows 10/11 Pro1CAD 130.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-windows-10-pro-upgrade-purchase/b7b95bc2-b2b8-4bf0-a1dd-30f83dff15e4
  6. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process: Windows 11 upgrade was accidentally accepted during an aggressive urging. Now still in Windows 10, but at the "Accept License Terms for Windows 11" stage in Windows Update. There is not a "cancel upgrade" choice, but Windows 10 is desired. The choice is either to proceed with...
  8. Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process: Windows 11 upgrade was accidentally accepted during an aggressive urging. Now still in Windows 10, but at the "Accept License Terms for Windows 11" stage in Windows Update. There is not a "cancel upgrade" choice, but Windows 10 is desired. The choice is either to proceed with...
  9. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11. Some of my critical applications do not work so I rolled back to Windows 10. Now I get a message wanting to schedule when to do the 11 upgrade. I found a place to postpone the upgrade, but I want to cancel it all together. I want...
  10. Can I cancel the upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I cancel the upgrade to 10: Hello. I took the opportunity to pre book the Windows 10 upgrade on both my Desk top and laptop,the upgrade to the Desktop went flawlessly but I intended to see how things went before doing so to the laptop and I'm glad I did as a few little bugs appeared when doing routine...