Windows 10: Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

Discus and support Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pauley, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Pauley Win User

Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I can exit the lock screen (and enter the log on screen) by clicking the mouse or hitting a key. However, if there has been an extended period of time (e.g. overnight), on one computer I can only exit the lock screen by pressing a mouse button. On another computer I can only exit the lock screen by hitting the keyboard. I would like it to be able to use either to exit the lock screen. Some deltas:
    Computer 1 (mouse exit works) has wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    Computer 2 (keyboard exit works) has a wireless keyboard, but it is IR (so the IR receiver is tied to a USB port). The mouse is a Wacom mouse that works with my drawing tablet. The tablet is attached via USB.
    I upgraded both computers from WinXP 64bit, and did not have this issue.
    Any ideas? I'm thinking the devices must be entering some quiescent state when 'off' for a period of time, but, like I said, this did not happen with XP.

:)

Pauley, Feb 9, 2016
  2. gelund Win User

Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Lock screen stopped responding to keyboard input following installation of Windows 10 November update. The lock screen responds to mouse click, but not keyboard input. I'm using a wired Microsoft Natural keyboard (KU-0045).

gelund, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Mouse cursor image corruption?

I've had a problem with my mouse cursor today. I updated to the latest Win10 update the day before yesterday, so it may be to do with that.

When my laptop is closed (asleep) and I open the lid to wake it, my mouse cursor is displaying as a big square of random pixels. The square is always the same size, always mainly white, but the pattern of coloured pixels is different every time. (see photo)

The problem ONLY occurs when waking the laptop, not when I first turn it on, and ONLY on the lock screen. When I get to the log on screen, the usual arrow cursor returns. The problem also prevents me from exiting the lock screen by pressing a keyboard key.
    I can only exit to log on by clicking or dragging the lock screen.

Photo:
    View on Twitter

!!! UPDATE !!!

A simple restart seems to have fixed the issue.

Estragon Helmer, Feb 9, 2016
  4. iavoo Win User

Hi - did you find solution on this bug? I have similar issue with many of my workstations (Mouse click doesn't slide up the lock screen)
    tnx

iavoo, Oct 27, 2016
  5. Pauley Win User
    No, not really. It is a bit intermittent, but not 100%.

Pauley, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click - Similar Threads - Exit Lock Screen

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  6. Mouse and Click Lock option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Click Lock option: Ever since Microsoft introduced the click lock feature in a recent update, I have been experiencing issues with my mouse. I believe this is a known issue because I have read many complaints online about it and followed discussions on various boards. At first I thought it was...
  7. Keyboard/mouse lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard/mouse lock: I have a new issue with my computer and the issue is that it will randomly lock my keyboard and mouse. I can't use any commands to get out of it and this forced me to have to hold down the power button. I just updated everything I can think of and I checked if updates were...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen: Today as I booted up my computer as normal, I found that at the lock screen my keyboard and mouse did not work. After many restarts and trial and error with other keyboards, this is what I have found. All keyboards and mice tested work in the BIOS settings but aside from that...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10: This is related to a work computer. It is a brand new computer running Windows 10 version 1809. The problem: On the login/lock screen (the screen before typing your password) the keyboard and mouse don't work, except for hitting Control + Alt + Delete. Hitting Ctrl Alt...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what key exits lock screehn

2. cant use the enter button to exit lock screen

3. how to exit lock screen with mouse

4. exit screen saver with a mouse click,
  5. exiting lock screen on surface computer