Windows 10: Exit S Mode

Discus and support Exit S Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Do I have to delete Microoft Edge altogether, to get and have what I want on my laptop? I'm about to! Brand new laptop-HP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CindyStalter, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Exit S Mode

Do I have to delete Microoft Edge altogether, to get and have what I want on my laptop? I'm about to! Brand new laptop-HP.

:)

CindyStalter, Jun 30, 2020
  2. KH_11 Win User

Exiting S-Mode error 0x80070426

I have a brand new laptop running Windows 10, fully updated as of today with the latest version.

I'm trying to exit S-Mode via the Microsoft Store but get error code 0x80070426 when I try to sign in with my own account, and error code 0x800706d9 when I try to use a different account.

Have ran CHKDSK /R and reset the device several times which didn't identify any issues. Have updated and pretty much tried everything else. Cannot run CMD since it tells me it will not run in S Mode, which I can't come out of.

Been told by MS Support elsewhere to take steps to stop certain Cryptographic & App Identity services as well as renaming certain Software Distribution folders which again I cannot do because I cannot exit S-Mode.

Getting a little tiresome now that I'm having to jump through hoops to get this 'simple' issue resolved.

Any tips please? Many thanks.

KH_11, Jun 30, 2020
  3. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2020
  4. CGC2020 Win User

Exit S Mode

how do I exit S mode?

How do I exit S mode in order to install Chrome browser?

CGC2020, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Exit S Mode

1. Exit S Mode - Similar Threads - Exit Mode

2. Cannot exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot exit safe mode: Hi, today while i was editing something in adobe photoshop the program stopped working and while y was trying to close it everything just frozed and my monitor turned black, i waited like 15 minutes and forced it to turn off, when i turned it back on it just entered safe mode...
  3. I was forced to exit S Mode. Please read all.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was forced to exit S Mode. Please read all.: This Asus VivoBook laptop is brand new so I don't know why I'm having problems already. I'm learning how much i don't like windows 10 too. : anyways. I couldn't click on ANYTHING when a message popped up that said something like do I want to switch out of s mode? and the only...
  4. Cannot exit from Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot exit from Recovery Mode: My HP laptop entered by its own the Recovery Mode, and I cannot exit it no matter what I do. Yesterday I tried about three times to turn off the PC, but immediately after the 'Shutting down' screen appeared, the login screen was displayed as though I would have turned it on -...
  5. Right-click on this PC---property and it will exit automatically, but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click on this PC---property and it will exit automatically, but not in safe mode: Clicking on the system in the control panel will also automatically exit,Could you please tell me how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-this-pc-property-and-it-will-exit/49f7479b-79cb-437e-8483-974f0ccbc3c4
  6. How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?: I forgotten the password and got stuck in Command Prompt in Safe Mode. How can I get out the Command Prompt to go back to Troubleshoot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-command-prompt-in-safe-mode/f92f8ea4-ef74-46f9-ba61-e7e86ff62ca5
  7. Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps changing my default sound device when I exit sleep mode: Hello, I've an external sound card for recording music. I use it as my default sound output as it is plugged to my speakers. Since last update, when I exit sleep mode, It changes back to NVIDIA High Definition Audio (I think it's the audio that goes to the screen with...
  8. Exit s Mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit s Mode in windows 10: Suddenly my computer prevented access to several internet sites for "authenticity" reasons. I consider this contrary to my requirements and I tried to exit. I follow instructions t Microsoft Store and there is no mention of "Exit s mode". I would appreciate help to solve...
  9. How do I help my device exit S-Mode, as its not working in the app store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I help my device exit S-Mode, as its not working in the app store?: I can access the page to exit S-Mode just fine and have pressed the "Get" button multiple times, but after that it just says "Working on it..." and the page just stays like that. It does not matter how much internet or wifi I seem to have, and i can even let it sit for hours...
  10. Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while...: Mouse setting in Power mgt. is set to allow mouse to exit sleep mode but doesn't work. Pressing start button works but prefer to hit any key. Presumably sleep mode engages when there has been no input on keyboard/mouse; can this be altered so that it won't sleep while a...