Windows 10: Exiting Out of OneDrive Desktop

Discus and support Exiting Out of OneDrive Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I set up a new Windows 10 computer. Today I noticed that the Desktop my computer is currently using was located in this path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mason87, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Mason87 Win User

Exiting Out of OneDrive Desktop

Yesterday I set up a new Windows 10 computer. Today I noticed that the Desktop my computer is currently using was located in this path:

C:\Users\mason\OneDrive\Desktop

There is another Desktop in this path:

C:\Users\mason\Desktop

How do I make this second path my main Desktop the one my computer will use upon startup?

I have never used OneDrive, so I am generally unfamiliar with how it works. What settings, if any, do I need to access in OneDrive to fix this problem, or can I fix it in another program?

Thank you.

:)

Mason87, Jun 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Exiting Out of OneDrive Desktop - Similar Threads - Exiting OneDrive Desktop

2. How to move Desktop folder out of Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Desktop folder out of Onedrive?: Hello,I've asked Onedrive to stop syncingmy desktop and I want me old C:\users...... desktop folder since it is also where the files are stored when I drop something into the desktop.I tried going to properties clicking on Onedrive's desktop folder and changing to default or...
  3. How to move Desktop folder out of Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Desktop folder out of Onedrive?: Hello,I've asked Onedrive to stop syncingmy desktop and I want me old C:\users...... desktop folder since it is also where the files are stored when I drop something into the desktop.I tried going to properties clicking on Onedrive's desktop folder and changing to default or...
  4. Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder: Hello, I am not a fan of automatic cloud backup and wanted to disable all onedrive connectivity. I noted that for windows 11, my desktop was automatically mapped to a onedrive folder. I had already turned off backup options and uninstalled the onedrive app. I followed the...
  5. Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder

Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder: Hello, I am not a fan of automatic cloud backup and wanted to disable all onedrive connectivity. I noted that for windows 11, my desktop was automatically mapped to a onedrive folder. I had already turned off backup options and uninstalled the onedrive app. I followed the...
  6. Exiting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exiting OneDrive: I've turned off onedrive, but the properties of my desktop files & folders continue to show them in C:Users\xyz123\onedrive\desktop. How do I completely rid myself of this nuisance? The only possible solution seems to be to copy the existing desktop folders & files to a new...
  7. Exiting OneDrive

Exiting OneDrive: I've turned off onedrive, but the properties of my desktop files & folders continue to show them in C:Users\xyz123\onedrive\desktop. How do I completely rid myself of this nuisance? The only possible solution seems to be to copy the existing desktop folders & files to a new...
  8. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  9. onedrive and desktop

onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  10. How to move Desktop out of OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move Desktop out of OneDrive folder: I don't want to use OneDrive (OD) with my W10 (2004) PC because I don't need to access files via other devices and I back up important files to an external hard drive. Also, I don't want to be beholden to Microsoft for monthly fees. Microsoft keeps sending me email messages...