Windows 10: Exiting setup after update

Discus and support Exiting setup after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This all started when I tried to log in to my pc and it threw up an error (something to do with access to logon service), so I restarted and left for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jh.583, Nov 8, 2019.

1. jh.583 Win User

Exiting setup after update

This all started when I tried to log in to my pc and it threw up an error (something to do with access to logon service), so I restarted and left for 10 mins. When I came back, the login page was there as normal, I entered the password and it appeared with the 'hi, we're setting things up' which I thought odd cos I asked my family and they hadn't had any big update recently. This screen remained for about 20 mins and I thought something must've gone wrong, so I pressed ctrl alt del and switched user. I re-entered my password to see the same screen appear, so just left it to do its thing. When I came back, there was just a black screen with a basic-style mouse, and every second or so the taskbar flashed with an error saying something deep in system32 couldn't be found, I think desktop was the final thing in the directory. Is this related to anything I've recounted or is it a virus or bug in the windows update? How can I fix it?

:)

jh.583, Nov 8, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Exiting setup after update

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Exiting setup after update

1. Exiting setup after update - Similar Threads - Exiting setup update

2. Exit Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exit Aptio Setup Utility: I have a Gateway laptop recently bought used and after being on charger when you start it opens the Aptio setup utility. When trying to exit there is only 1 option that works. You have to select the Discard and Reset changes. Any other option takes it back to the main screen....
  3. Exit Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exit Aptio Setup Utility: I have a Gateway laptop recently bought used and after being on charger when you start it opens the Aptio setup utility. When trying to exit there is only 1 option that works. You have to select the Discard and Reset changes. Any other option takes it back to the main screen....
  4. Exit Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't exit Aptio Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't exit Aptio Setup: Hi there.I randomly got sent to this "Aptio Setup - American Megatrends International, LLC" screen, and whatever I looked up, none of it helps. The options that I have are Main, Advanced, Chipset, Security, Boot, and Save and Exit. I've tried everything and nothing...
  6. Can't exit Aptio Setup

Can't exit Aptio Setup: Hi there.I randomly got sent to this "Aptio Setup - American Megatrends International, LLC" screen, and whatever I looked up, none of it helps. The options that I have are Main, Advanced, Chipset, Security, Boot, and Save and Exit. I've tried everything and nothing...
  7. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  8. Can not exit Aptio setup utility mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not exit Aptio setup utility mode: I can not exit aptio setup utility mode no matter what i do my laptop always shows the screen and i cant get rid of it, it was working fine last night but today when i woke up it showed me the utility mode and i can not exit it i have been sitting there for 3 hours and tried...
  9. Cannot exit Aptio setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot exit Aptio setup: Stuck on "aptio setup utility 2020 american megatrends" screen. Googled a ton, all answers involved launch csm or resetting to default. I have none of those options. Boot option is also not a clickable item.Please help me out. Also attached the screenshot of all options...
  10. Cannot exit Aptio setup

Cannot exit Aptio setup: Stuck on "aptio setup utility 2020 american megatrends" screen. Googled a ton, all answers involved launch csm or resetting to default. I have none of those options. Boot option is also not a clickable item.Please help me out. Also attached the screenshot of all options...