Windows 10: Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear

Discus and support Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm working on a Surface Pro 4 and, since about 1 month, I have problems when exiting from tablet mode. The panels/menu (don't know the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Emmanuel Guyot, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear

Hi,

I'm working on a Surface Pro 4 and, since about 1 month, I have problems when exiting from tablet mode.

The panels/menu (don't know the right name :-() in OneNote and in Firefox opens :

• In OneNote, the problem occurs with the panel that usually opens in full screen mode to switch from one page to another. Whatever I am in full screen or not, when exiting from tablet mode the panel is shown and it's quite hard to hide it back.
    • In FireFox, the same behavior occurs with several panels : The address panel, the security/info panel, the "..." menu from the address opens when exiting from tablet mode. Once again, the application don't know these panels/menus are opened and we can't close them : I have to close Firefox.

I guess this is a Windows 10 bug and not one for each of theses application, but I may be wrong.

Please note that I have the same problem, when I close the keyboard which makes Windows enter sleep mode.

Anyway, is there a workaround ?

Best regards,

E.G.

:)

Emmanuel Guyot, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC tablet stops turning on tablet mode automatically

Hi,

Incorrect settings is one of the possible reasons why the tablet mode is not turning on automatically. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode
      in the left panel. A tablet mode sub-menu appear.
    • Configure the When this device automatically switches menu to
      Don't ask me and always switch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear

1. Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear - Similar Threads - Exiting tablet mode

2. Exit S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit S Mode: Do I have to delete Microoft Edge altogether, to get and have what I want on my laptop? I'm about to! Brand new laptop-HP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exit-s-mode/8f075248-e6bd-47f3-96a8-7e1980e72f30
  3. Make email addresses appear in a left panel when in the "Write" mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Make email addresses appear in a left panel when in the "Write" mode?: Hi, Just installed & setup ver. 52.9.1 and was able to test email someone so it works. I have the same ver. on another PC & the email addresses appear at the left on the the "Write" mode. How do I make email addresses appear in a left panel when in the "Write" mode? Left...
  4. Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?: Win 10 has 2 types of keyboards. A touch screen keyboard and the on screen keyboard. I would like to make the on screen keyboard the default keyboard for tablet mode. Is it possible? 144633
  5. how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode

in Browsers and Email
    how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode: I followed these instructions. Now when I start the computer in regular (desktop mode) it works, chrome launches. I need it to work in tablet mode though. And it doesn't. When I start in tablet mode and switch to desktop, chrome launches, not by itself in tablet mode 132651
  6. how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode: I followed these instructions. Now when I start the computer in regular (desktop mode) it works, chrome launches. I need it to work in tablet mode though. And it doesn't. When I start in tablet mode and switch to desktop, chrome launches, not by itself in tablet mode 132651
  7. exiting a window, panel, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exiting a window, panel, etc.: I took an unused computer with an earlier version of windows 10 and was starting & registering it. it said to major update it, which I did. I have been exploring it to become familiar with it. info becomes available in panels, but these don't seem to have the usual button...
  8. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  9. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  10. Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?: Good day all, I'm wondering if there is a way i can add Control Panel to my start menu in the same area where Settings is currently located. Thanks for your time. 38037

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to exit tablet mode lenovo yoga

2. how to turn tablet mode off on tablet windows 10

3. exiting from tablet mode screen overlay