Windows 10: Expand local disk c

Discus and support Expand local disk c in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to expand local disk C on surface 7 pro. The expand option is not available. I cannot turn off the bitlocker. The option to turn of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnishAhuja, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Expand local disk c

I want to expand local disk C on surface 7 pro. The expand option is not available. I cannot turn off the bitlocker. The option to turn of the bitlocker does not exist.

:)

AnishAhuja, Nov 10, 2021

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 10, 2021
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CExpand local disk c :), (DExpand local disk c :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2021
  4. Airider Win User

Expand local disk c

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

Expand local disk c [​IMG]

in this context >

Expand local disk c [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

Expand local disk c

1. Expand local disk c - Similar Threads - Expand local disk

2. Local Disk C full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  3. Expand local disk c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand local disk c: I want to expand local disk C on surface 7 pro. The expand option is not available. I cannot turn off the bitlocker. The option to turn of the bitlocker does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-local-disk-c/415a831b-896a-4cad-8b03-71144c6c3761
  4. Expand local disk c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand local disk c: I want to expand local disk C on surface 7 pro. The expand option is not available. I cannot turn off the bitlocker. The option to turn of the bitlocker does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-local-disk-c/415a831b-896a-4cad-8b03-71144c6c3761
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  6. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  7. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  8. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  9. Problem with local disk C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  10. Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...: Hey! I'd like to display my local disk C: as an "expandable and collapsible" drive on the navigation pane in file explorer in Windows 10. Is this possible? [ATTACH]...