Windows 10: Expand volume in Disk Management

Discus and support Expand volume in Disk Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I added a 4TB external USB drive to my desktop. I partitioned the drive so it's approximately 2 TB plus 2 TB. On the 2nd partition which is unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sheldon100, May 19, 2020.

1. Expand volume in Disk Management

I added a 4TB external USB drive to my desktop. I partitioned the drive so it's approximately 2 TB plus 2 TB. On the 2nd partition which is unallocated the option to create a new volume is shaded out. In fact, all options are shaded out. On the 1st partition which is a volume the expand volume is shaded out. The 1st partition, other than that is working fine. I am trying to avoid having to move a lot of data off the 1st partition and start from a clean formatted drive again.

:)

Sheldon100, May 19, 2020

2. Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, May 19, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, May 19, 2020
  4. Expand volume in Disk Management

Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Expand volume in Disk Management

1. Expand volume in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Expand volume Disk

2. Expand 1st volume in disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand 1st volume in disk: hello,i have a physical server with windows server 2016 and i have 3 volumes on disk. Systems Reserved, C, And F in that order. Volume C is running out of space but if add a HDD the unallocated space will go in front of volume F and C wont have the option to extend. Is there...
  3. Expand 1st volume in disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand 1st volume in disk: hello,i have a physical server with windows server 2016 and i have 3 volumes on disk. Systems Reserved, C, And F in that order. Volume C is running out of space but if add a HDD the unallocated space will go in front of volume F and C wont have the option to extend. Is there...
  4. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.: Well, trying to reduct Volume of my main partition C: There was an error, here it is an image, on spanish but il translate it: Its posible that the selected volume for reduct is damaged, Use chkdsk to repair the damage and then try to reduct the volume again, I tried to Use...
  5. Expand the disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand the disk: I divided the volume, after that there were reinstallations of Windows. how to return to the previous size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-the-disk/b76cac5e-243b-486e-934b-89f6aacef5b8
  6. Expand the disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand the disk: I divided the volume, after that there were reinstallations of Windows. how to return to the previous size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expand-the-disk/b76cac5e-243b-486e-934b-89f6aacef5b8
  7. Expand the disk

8. Can I expand volume with a disk image ?

Can I expand volume with a disk image ?: I'm have a disk image is 1 TB and I want to spilt it and expand to C: drive. But it grey and I don't know and even my C: drive is 29.1 GB so I want to expand and without software or downloading because my C: drive is 3.40 GB so I can't download it and I have disk image so I...
  9. Can I expand volume with a disk image ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I expand volume with a disk image ?: I'm have a disk image is 1 TB and I want to spilt it and expand to C: drive. But it grey and I don't know and even my C: drive is 29.1 GB so I want to expand and without software or downloading because my C: drive is 3.40 GB so I can't download it and I have disk image so I...
  10. Disk management fails to shrink volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk management fails to shrink volume: I want to shrink the G: volume but Disk Management shows the following error after the "Querying available shrink space ..." message: "An unexpected error has occurred. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. Close the Disk Management console, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 create spanned volume