Windows 10: Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors?

Discus and support Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I have a second monitor on top of my main monitor, I haven't been able to expand a window vertically to the monitor's height by double click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZetiX, May 8, 2021.

1. ZetiX Win User

Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors?

Ever since I have a second monitor on top of my main monitor, I haven't been able to expand a window vertically to the monitor's height by double click on the top/bottom edge of a window. Now it only expands the top part of a window when I double click either the top or the bottom on the bottom monitor. On the top monitor, it'll expand vertically to the bottom one as well. Is there a setting I have to change or is it just windows being windows? Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 19042.928

:)

ZetiX, May 8, 2021

2. Scroll mouse up and down on stacked monitor setup

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to move the mouse up and down between a stacked dual monitor setup, you can follow the steps mentioned below and change the mouse scrolling settings.

1. Go to Settings > System >
      Display.
    2. Now under Select and rearrange displays click and hold the
      monitor 1.
    3. Now move it above the monitor 2 and adjust accordingly.
    4. Click on Apply and close settings.

After changing the settings you will be able to scroll up and down on the stacked monitor setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 8, 2021
  3. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor
    is detected. Are there options for connection that will allow expand mode for two displays under windows 10?

MarcLegere, May 8, 2021
  4. K0MB Win User

Old monitors

ok , right click on Windows start button and click " Device manage "

Expand "monitor" and right-click on the monitor driver that doesn't work and do 'update driver'

Click on " browse for drivers on your computer " and " Let met pick from a list of avaible drivers on my computer "

Now select " Generic monitor " and NEXT.... Follow the steps.

K0MB, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors? - Similar Threads - Expand window monitor

2. Win 11 - Taskbar height difference in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Taskbar height difference in dual monitor setup: I have a dual monitor setup on a single 49" 32:9 Dell, which is basically 2 x 1440p side by side in one panel with two separate hdmi cables connected, and the task bar suddenly changes height once in a while randomly. Last time this happened it took me hours of Googleing and...
  3. Win 11 - Taskbar height difference in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Taskbar height difference in dual monitor setup: I have a dual monitor setup on a single 49" 32:9 Dell, which is basically 2 x 1440p side by side in one panel with two separate hdmi cables connected, and the task bar suddenly changes height once in a while randomly. Last time this happened it took me hours of Googleing and...
  4. How to make second monitor allow mouse to move to first monitor at any height

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make second monitor allow mouse to move to first monitor at any height: I recently got a very large second monitor. My primary monitor is my laptop monitor, which is low to my desk. The second monitor is about twice as tall as my laptop screen, and so the entire bottom half of the second monitor is considered below my laptop screen, which it is...
  5. Any way to fine-tune multi-monitor height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to fine-tune multi-monitor height?: I have a triple screen setup but the screens are not the same size so they don't align properly when I extend a window / game over multiple screens (it is about 1cm too high and I can't physically adjust my screen height). I use the default Windows 10 "Rearrange your...
  6. Apps in Monitor have been "expanded"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps in Monitor have been "expanded": After the last update, the monitor screen format has been "expanded" and Settings will not put it back to how it was. Everything is "stretched", including the background photo....
  7. Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor

Vertically stacked dual monitors - browsers extend into top monitor: Hi, I have the exact same problem as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-problem-browser-windows-showing-up-to/239833c3-66a5-43ce-825d-c19882168f81, which did not get answered successfully. I have two monitors, one above the...
  8. 4 Monitors: Expand+Duplicate (SpaceDesk)?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4 Monitors: Expand+Duplicate (SpaceDesk)?: Hi, I use 4 "screens" on my laptop running Windows 10 (laptop display + screen connected via HDMI + 2 iPads connected via SpaceDesk). Can I expand to a total of 3 screens (different image on laptop, screen and iPad) and transfer the same image from one iPad to the other? If...
  9. Dell Expands UltraSharp Monitor Family

in Windows 10 News
    Dell Expands UltraSharp Monitor Family: Revolutionary Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor world’s first 49-inch dual QHD monitor1 with ultra-wide views, multitasking features and seamless connectivity to drive productivity Brilliant color and clarity on the Dell UltraSharp 32 4K USB-C Monitor with VESA certified...
  10. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode: Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor is detected. Are there...