Windows 10: expandable SD card

Discus and support expandable SD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello I have a tablet running windows 10 with expandable SD card m3mory up to 128gb,I want to know can I use a 256gb SD card and will it have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jarmarceaser, Jun 17, 2020.

1. expandable SD card

hello I have a tablet running windows 10 with expandable SD card m3mory up to 128gb,I want to know can I use a 256gb SD card and will it have any trouble

:)

jarmarceaser, Jun 17, 2020
  2. dorsetknob, Jun 17, 2020
  3. bradleyb Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jun 17, 2020
  4. expandable SD card

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

expandable SD card

1. expandable SD card - Similar Threads - expandable card

2. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  3. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  4. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size: In a nutshell: I had a dual boot system Win 10 and Linux - I got rid of the linux system and expanded the Windows partition to make use of that free space.Now first of all, windows does not boot anymore. After hours of troubleshooting trying to repair it... Well. I...
  6. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size: In a nutshell: I had a dual boot system Win 10 and Linux - I got rid of the linux system and expanded the Windows partition to make use of that free space.Now first of all, windows does not boot anymore. After hours of troubleshooting trying to repair it... Well. I...
  7. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?: I need to download and print a contact's entire text thread for a legal matter. The Phone Link app only allows me the top recent conversations. It makes reference to a 3rd party message app but I use the installed app, Google or Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8....
  9. How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?

How can I expand the SMS messages on phone link beyond the recent it shows?: I need to download and print a contact's entire text thread for a legal matter. The Phone Link app only allows me the top recent conversations. It makes reference to a 3rd party message app but I use the installed app, Google or Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8....
  10. using sd card to expand memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using sd card to expand memory: My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-to-expand-memory/81e951c0-6bff-4835-9434-ec545d5f6447"