Windows 10: Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity

Discus and support Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I had 3 x 2TB drives in RAID 5. Added a 4th 2 TB drive to the Archive R: array and migrated the data using Intel Rapid Storage. Expanded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeteyBoPetey, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity

Hi Guys,

I had 3 x 2TB drives in RAID 5. Added a 4th 2 TB drive to the Archive R: array and migrated the data using Intel Rapid Storage. Expanded the volume in Disk Managment. But windows doesn't seem to see the new size?.How do I get Windows to see the new capacity?

Peter
    Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity [​IMG]

:)

PeteyBoPetey, Sep 21, 2018

2. expanding windows raid array

is it possible to expand a windows raid 5 array without destroying it like if i set up raid 5 with 3 drives and then add a new one will i be able to expand array on to it.

Geofrancis, Sep 21, 2018
  3. expanding windows raid array

i plan on using the built in windows software raid so that if i upgrade the motherboard or add a sata card i can just plug the array into it and reinitialize it.

so can i just plug in an extra drive and expand the array? or would i have to find some way of backing up 4tb and rebuilding the array to add a hard drive?

Geofrancis, Sep 21, 2018
  4. domy85 Win User

Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity

expanding windows raid array

Should be able to add the drive, boot the system. Go into Disk Manager under Administrative tools. The new drive should show as unallocated space. Then you should be able to right click the raid 5 and expand it into the unallocated disk/new drive. Im not sure if I missed a step so if I did someone say something *Smile Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity :). Depending on the raid controller you might have to add it first through the controller config first.

domy85, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity

1. Expanded a RAID Array Windows Won't Recognize New Capacity - Similar Threads - Expanded RAID Array

2. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  3. Windows won't recognize my RAID.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognize my RAID.: TLDR: RAID isn't recognized with VMD off. Can't boot with VMD on because Windows can't access the boot drive. SFC Scannow didn't help and I can't install Intel RST as my system "Isn't compatible." TIAHardware:CPU: i9-14900KMoBo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X ver 1.1 Latest...
  4. Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10: I created a RAID 0 array on my machine and used it as my boot disk for Windows 10. When I went to Windows 11 I wanted a larger boot drive so I upgraded to a GEN 4, 4TB NVME SSD and used that.When I enable RAID in my bios it recognizes the old array and contains the correct...
  5. Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't recognize RAID 0 array created with Windows 10: I created a RAID 0 array on my machine and used it as my boot disk for Windows 10. When I went to Windows 11 I wanted a larger boot drive so I upgraded to a GEN 4, 4TB NVME SSD and used that.When I enable RAID in my bios it recognizes the old array and contains the correct...
  6. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...: I have a 2 drive RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper resource to do so. Any help appreciated, this thing is taking forever to load. Thanks in Advance....
  7. How to delete RAID 0 array

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete RAID 0 array: Hi, I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving some files. Tried eliminating the HDD from the array, but it won´t let me (stuck at 0,04% use for months) Tried from the...
  8. Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?: After installing Win 10 Pro 64-bit, my internal HDD RAID 0 array began to show an error on one of the 2 drives at start up (Listed as "error occurred" in red text on the screen that usually has all white text on a black screen), and also it's been acting funny, intermittently...
  9. Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array: Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management Console is not up to...
  10. Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD: I updated to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install and had issues with my RAID array showing up as raw format. I was able to take a backup of it from my W7 drive then rebooted into W10 deleted the array in Disk Management, deleted the array in the controller BIOS and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows doesnt recognize raid array

2. Windows is not seeing expanded capacity of RAID array