Windows 10: Expanding C: drive with File Explorer

Discus and support Expanding C: drive with File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to replace the personal.xlsb file to my Excel XLSTART folder on my C: Drive but I do not seem to bore down to XLSTART using file explorer. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Aug 28, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Expanding C: drive with File Explorer

I need to replace the personal.xlsb file to my Excel XLSTART folder on my C: Drive but I do not seem to bore down to XLSTART using file explorer. If I go to this pc and choose C: then Users, then my user name I get only such things a Documents, Favorites, One Drive, etc. I need to get to AppData and then bore down to XLSTART. Can someone please tell me how to get C: completely? I am an administrator.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Aug 28, 2015

2. How Many Files Can a Folder Hold?

In File Explorer right click C: - Properties - General tab - File system.

Or Start - type in --> System Information ....... find at top and click on it.

Expand (click +) Components - Storage - click Drives

Look at C: File system

Hope that helps.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Update for Windows 10 Version 1607

One more thing

I do not know how to expand my C partion. Maybe I am in the wrong place. I was in windows file explorer and at the C drive. I use the file explorer every day so I may have misunderstood what you wanted me to do

thanks again

david a

DavidAnderson123, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Some of the folders you are looking for (such as AppData) are hidden folders. To make them visible, in File Explorer, from the top menu bar select VIEW and check box to Show Hidden Items. The folders you are searching for should now be visible.

You may have to close and restart File Explorer after checking the Show Hidden Items box for the hidden files and hidden folders to be visible.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    That was too easy! Thank you very, very much.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Expanding C: drive with File Explorer - Similar Threads - Expanding drive File

2. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  3. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  4. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  5. Expanding C: drive

Expanding C: drive: Hi,I am running out of space on my C: Drive-and I have tried and searched the internet wisdom, but all answers apply to cases where everything is on the same diskI have 2 separate discs that's how computer came with my purchase-It seems I cannot move allocated partition from...
  6. File explorer top bar not expanded

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer top bar not expanded: [IMG] Hi! Recently the top of my file explorer has started looking like this Do you have any help? (It's even white when I have the black theme selected) submitted by /u/Infinite_Bison_8014 [link] [comments]...
  7. Expanding volume of my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expanding volume of my C drive: My C drive is full. I have an empty D drive. I have a ton of unallocated space behind the D drive. Has anyone figured out how to get the unallocated storage into my C drive? I tried to delete the D drive, but that isn't allowed. I'm about at wit's end here and would...
  8. How To Expand C Drive

How To Expand C Drive: I would like to expand my C drive ... all I need is an extra 8 GB. :) I can delete the New Volume (and recreate it) but that does not give me the option to expand my C drive. I have attempted to use Easeus to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  9. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  10. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding: C Drive is Full. Need to add space. See attached photo of Drives. [img] I have deleted unused programs, files and System Restore. One partition is 20GB WINDOW Recovery SYSTEM. ADOBE Photoshop Scratch Disk Partition can be Decreased in size or removed. 55498