Windows 10: Expanding folders to the file level (Help?)

Discus and support Expanding folders to the file level (Help?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way (or app) that allows you to expand folder to view files without having to open the folder (i.e. like how you can expand folders to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/G1a005, Aug 7, 2020.

1. /u/G1a005 Win User

Expanding folders to the file level (Help?)

Is there any way (or app) that allows you to expand folder to view files without having to open the folder (i.e. like how you can expand folders to the full folder tree in the navigation panel of the file explorer, but in the normal file area and to the level at which you can see the files inside of multiple folders).

I would think the contents option in the view tab would do this (or something similar) but it doesn't, thank you for any help!

submitted by /u/G1a005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/G1a005, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Expanding folders in file explorer

Hi,

In answer to your query, yes, there's an option to change the Folder View Options of your File Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File tab.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • Click View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane.
    • Check Expand to open folder, Show all folders, and
      Show libraries.

You can also check all the options, and set it up the way you wanted.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Aug 7, 2020
  3. How To Enable Expandable Folders

I just thought of something that might interest you.

Collapse the breadcrumbs in File explorer's address bar by pressing an open area of the address bar, then add a backslash '\' to the address. This gives you a a list of folders one level down.

Expanding folders to the file level (Help?) [​IMG]

If you select a folder from the list, you can add the backslash to that address and drill down the folder tree.

That's all I have.

Bill

Slartybart, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Expanding folders to the file level (Help?)

File Explorer navigation pane sometimes expands to show all folders and sometimes consolidates shows only the selected folder

Both the folders that expand fully and those that partially expand have exactly the same settings, which are as you suggested, so this didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Bruce Needham, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Expanding folders to the file level (Help?)

1. Expanding folders to the file level (Help?) - Similar Threads - Expanding folders file

2. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  3. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  4. How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show an (expandable) folder virtually at high level in Explorer: Hello, OneDrive, for example, is displayed at Desktop level. It functions there as an (expandable) folder even though it is of course not the true location. It also shows up in the right explorer pane of Desktop as an object. Parallels manages to display another "virtual"...
  5. File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane: I want the left pane folder to open and show subfolders when I click on the filename, instead of having to click the little carat to the left of the folder to get this to happen. Windows 10 version 20H2. 181372
  6. Expanding Folder App/BAT Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Expanding Folder App/BAT Help: So im looking for some sort of program or bat file or VBS That i can put on my desktop and when i launch it a specific set of shortcuts will appear on my desktop. so basically i want to open a folder but instead of launching the file manager i want the files to appear on the...
  7. Favorites Folder Not Expanding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Folder Not Expanding: [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand? 148255
  8. Can't expand it. Help.

Can't expand it. Help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JVints [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/end7fk/cant_expand_it_help/
  9. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

Navigation pane keeps expanding folders: I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings. https://i.imgur.com/FcNSf9i.png https://i.imgur.com/Ext1HJd.png Noticed it on two separate computers. Its really annoying, any...
  10. How To Enable Expandable Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Expandable Folders: I want to enable expandable folders like in previous versions of windows. But can't find out how to do it. Here is a tutorial for Windows 7 to help explain what I am trying to do. How to Auto Expand Sub-Folders in Explorer just like XP in Windows 7 [Tips] | Next of...