Windows 10: Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types

Discus and support Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneDrive is expanding version history to support all file types for your OneDrive personal account—one of our most highly requested features. OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types

Source: Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 File History keeps saving unchanged OneDrive files

Windows 10 File History keeps saving unchanged OneDrive files, which fills up your backup space. I am running Windows Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586.

This bug turns File History into a useless tool.

I have already tried all the obvious solutions: clean OS install, turn off File History and remove previous backup files, check file system files with sfc, etc. None of them worked, so I am pretty sure that this is a bug. Microsoft, please, fix
    this issue.

P.S. For those who wonder why backing up OneDrive files is necessary at all (since your files are already in the cloud, why bother?), I remind that your synchronized OneDrive files are vulnerable to ransomware attacks like cryptolocker. In case
    you get infected (which happens in spite of firewalls and anti-malware protection), the encrypted version of your files will replace the cloud version. You may eventually be able to recover previous versions of important files one by one, but OneDrive offers
    no tools to roll back all of your files to the previous unencrypted state.

young_matusalen, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Replaced File

Is this document on OneDrive or your computer?

If the file was being saved to OneDrive, then OneDrive.com has a file version button. Just select the file you overwrote, and click "File history" in the top bar of the website.

Entegy, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types

1. Expanding OneDrive version history support to all file types - Similar Threads - Expanding OneDrive version

2. OneDrive not expanding automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not expanding automatically: Hi, OneDrive not expanding automatically, even though i right click and select expand, close it. When reopen file explorer won't expand. I'd reset, Unlink, uninstall/reinstall. It's Windows 11, Windows updates are up to date. Please advise. Thank you....
  3. OneDrive not expanding automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not expanding automatically: Hi, OneDrive not expanding automatically, even though i right click and select expand, close it. When reopen file explorer won't expand. I'd reset, Unlink, uninstall/reinstall. It's Windows 11, Windows updates are up to date. Please advise. Thank you....
  4. OneDrive not expanding automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive not expanding automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200: So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to...
  7. File Type Not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Type Not supported: I am trying to open some pictures I got off an old flash drive. They are all jpg files, but have a weird square after them. I have never seen this before, and have tried opening them with a few different applications. I would assume they are corrupted, but would love if...
  8. OneDrive now supports differential sync for all files and customers

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive now supports differential sync for all files and customers: [boom it's done] I love it when the team resolves OneDrive User Voice suggestions with thousands of votes! "Enable differential sync (only sync parts of the files that changed)" - is now rolled out to all customers. See also:...
  9. Setting program as default for all supported file types?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting program as default for all supported file types?: [ATTACH] I'd like to use MPC-HC as the default handler for all of the file types that it supports. Is there a way to do this without going through every extension under it's "Set defaults by app" entry? If I set it as the default for video and audio under "Default apps"...
  10. Previous version history file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Previous version history file: Hello, I am new to the forum and currently encountering a problem restoring files from the shadow volume. I do not see any version history when I click the previous version history tab. Using a third party tool like shadowexplorer I am able to see the previous versions....