Windows 10: Expanding Storage

Discus and support Expanding Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had just recently purchased an 'HP Stream Laptop 14"' and I was given about 50GB on the computer itself. I know that to a lot of people this may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LenaishaBrown, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Expanding Storage

So I had just recently purchased an 'HP Stream Laptop 14"' and I was given about 50GB on the computer itself. I know that to a lot of people this may seem like more than enough, it however doesn't allow me to download even 1/3 of the stuff I need. I came across the option to purchase storage on OneDrive - however I do not know enough about this to pour my money into it. Will it give me space on the computer itself or will it be a cloud? Please and thank you for the help in advance.

:)

LenaishaBrown, Aug 10, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2020
  4. AMGOMG Win User

Expanding Storage

AMGOMG, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Expanding Storage

1. Expanding Storage - Similar Threads - Expanding Storage

2. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  3. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  4. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Expanding Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expanding Storage Space: Connected to my desktop running Windows 10 Home 21H1, I have an external drive enclosure with four 3TB drives JBOD mode being used as a single storage space. The devices are setup in a "Two-way mirror" configuration with a total capacity of 5.45 TB 10.9 TB raw. The space is...
  6. Can you expand internal storage with storage devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you expand internal storage with storage devices?: So I have a desktop PC running windows 10, with 50 GB of storage. 50 GB is not enough for me, so I want to expand it, but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on new internal hard drives since the device is pretty old. But I have a lot of USBs and external storage...
  7. Western Digital expands WD_BLACK Portfolio of storage solutions

in Windows 10 News
    Western Digital expands WD_BLACK Portfolio of storage solutions: Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) is helping gamers enhance their setups and adapt to the evolving gaming landscape heralded by the next generation of games with today's introduction of three new and upcoming products for its WD_BLACK portfolio of storage solutions. These...
  8. I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NEMAJEFF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2vcxs/i_cant_expand_c_how_do_i_do_it_is_it_necessary/
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault and expandable storage now available worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Personal Vault and expandable storage now available worldwide: Microsoft OneDrive has long been an innovation leader in cloud storage, and today we’re excited to launch a new feature that gives you greater security for your files in the cloud. This summer, we announced OneDrive Personal Vault, which uses identity verification to protect...
  10. Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002: Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server. My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing files using storage spaces. so I started a clean version on windows 10 (pro) and installed 3 hard drives and then set up a...