Windows 10: Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

Discus and support Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Intel hired AMD's top Radeon architect, Raja Koduri, last year the chip maker flagged plans to deliver its own high-end discrete graphics cards.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

Read more: Intel: Expect our first discrete GPUs by 2020 | ZDNet

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jmich456 Win User

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Hello,

I am getting this message when trying to update to 1803 "Cannot uninstall App: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display" Please uninstall manually and then refresh. I am getting this on 2 Alienware 17 R4 laptops.

I have uninstalled the amplifier program and both Intel and NVIDA graphics drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?

No it is not in the App and Features section.

jmich456, Jun 14, 2018
  3. spayk Win User
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is running with 0 GPU (which is intel) and it also colides with the web browser which is stuttering. I have changed everything in the Nvidia panel and also intel panel to save options for each application to seperate nvidia from intel graphics, but it does not seem to work.
    So my question is, is there any way to set up and force assign of nvidia graphic or intel graphics card through the registry (regedit)?
    My specs are:
    clevo based laptop,
    windows 10 (latest build),
    intel processor i-7700hq,
    intel graphic card 630,
    nvidia graphic card 1050 ti,
    16 gb of ram.
    Greetings.

spayk, Jun 14, 2018
  4. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 - Similar Threads - Expect Intel discrete

2. Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020: Microsoft today in a blog post announced that it is going to end support for the Transport Layer Security or TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in supported versions of its Windows 10 browser Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. The company announced that it will be ending support for TLS...
  3. Intel teases discrete graphics card for 2020 release

in Windows 10 News
    Intel teases discrete graphics card for 2020 release: We will set our graphics free. #SIGGRAPH2018 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 116048
  4. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...
  5. First Intel 10nm Cannon Lake Processor Lands In China

in Windows 10 News
    First Intel 10nm Cannon Lake Processor Lands In China: Intel's much-anticipated, and oft-delayed, 10nm processors have popped up in a Lenovo Ideapad 330, which is a low-end notebook that comes with 4GB of memory and a 500GB HDD, at Chinese retailer JD.com. The dual-core Core i3-8121U sports the Cannon Lake architecture, but the...
  6. Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD: Hi BSOD squad, I hope you are able to tell me what caused this BSOD today. Background: Intel Compute Stick, used as HTPC. Never had any issues, works like a charm. Upgraded last night to build 10547 EN-GB x86. Today VPN connection to Finland to watch news from Finnish...
  7. Is PCIE 1.1 a bottleneck for 2.0 GPUs?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is PCIE 1.1 a bottleneck for 2.0 GPUs?: I guess It probably depends on CPU and other things. My current card is a GT 710 (PCIE x8 2.0 card) and it runs in a PCIE x16 1.1 slot. Is there a big difference? My CPU is a Core Duo E7400 @ 2.80 GHz. I'm also considering buying a slightly better, but still pretty...
  8. Telia, Ericsson and Intel First to Make 5G Real in Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Telia, Ericsson and Intel First to Make 5G Real in Europe: First Public 5G Live Network in Europe Shows Benefits of High-Speed, Fast-Response Connectivity to Consumers and Business EU Digital Summit – Tallinn, Estonia, Sept. 29, 2017 – Telia is deploying the first public 5G live network use cases in Europe in collaboration with...
  9. Intel Announces First Neural Network Processor

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Announces First Neural Network Processor: Today I spoke at the WSJDLive global technology conference about cognitive and artificial intelligence (AI) technology, two nascent areas that I believe will be transformative to the industry and world. These systems also offer tremendous market opportunity and are on a...
  10. Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020: Intel is working on a plan to remove so-called "last-mile" barriers to killing off legacy BIOS by requiring UEFI Class 3, which doesn't expose legacy BIOS interfaces. BIOS is the firmware that helped older PCs boot up after powering on and offered a runtime for the...