Windows 10: Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

Discus and support Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Intel hired AMD's top Radeon architect, Raja Koduri, last year the chip maker flagged plans to deliver its own high-end discrete graphics cards.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

Read more: Intel: Expect our first discrete GPUs by 2020 | ZDNet

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jmich456 Win User

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Hello,

I am getting this message when trying to update to 1803 "Cannot uninstall App: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display" Please uninstall manually and then refresh. I am getting this on 2 Alienware 17 R4 laptops.

I have uninstalled the amplifier program and both Intel and NVIDA graphics drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?

No it is not in the App and Features section.

jmich456, Jun 14, 2018
  3. spayk Win User
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is running with 0 GPU (which is intel) and it also colides with the web browser which is stuttering. I have changed everything in the Nvidia panel and also intel panel to save options for each application to seperate nvidia from intel graphics, but it does not seem to work.
    So my question is, is there any way to set up and force assign of nvidia graphic or intel graphics card through the registry (regedit)?
    My specs are:
    clevo based laptop,
    windows 10 (latest build),
    intel processor i-7700hq,
    intel graphic card 630,
    nvidia graphic card 1050 ti,
    16 gb of ram.
    Greetings.

spayk, Jun 14, 2018
  4. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 - Similar Threads - Expect Intel discrete

2. Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to: I have an Acer Travel Mate P2 laptop with intel i5 11th gen and IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics ‎PS5.0/VS5.0‎.I tried running light games as pes 2017/2016 and in the settings, it's showing me that I have a bad graphics card while when I looked it up I found out that I can normally...
  3. Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Iris Xe not running games as it's expected to: I have an Acer Travel Mate P2 laptop with intel i5 11th gen and IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics ‎PS5.0/VS5.0‎.I tried running light games as pes 2017/2016 and in the settings, it's showing me that I have a bad graphics card while when I looked it up I found out that I can normally...
  4. Intel Launch Event 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Launch Event 2020: Follow our live blog of today’s Intel technology launch event. We’ll learn how laptop performance and experiences are evolving, and we’ll also have a special guest appearance from world famous DJ, Diplo. 8:45 a.m.: Good morning everyone!...
  5. CES 2020: AMD Unveils Four New Desktop and Mobile GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: AMD Unveils Four New Desktop and Mobile GPUs: AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series graphics products, harnessing the power of groundbreaking AMD RDNA architecture and innovative software features to provide the ultimate in high-performance, high-fidelity experiences for 1080p gamers. The new AMD...
  6. Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus: I am thinking about buying the xps15 with a discrete gpu. The thing is, I won't be using it much. I'll likely be able to count the number of times I will use it in the next year or so on my fingers. But I will get enough use out of it to justify it. It also is required for...
  7. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  8. dual GPUs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual GPUs: i searched on internet but couldn't get a satisfying enough info, i would like to have two GPUs in my system but not sli i wan different one, i saw that i can like dedicate each GPU to a specific screen but i wonder if the drivers are gonna collide and create problems. i...
  9. Intel teases discrete graphics card for 2020 release

in Windows 10 News
    Intel teases discrete graphics card for 2020 release: We will set our graphics free. #SIGGRAPH2018 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 116048
  10. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...