Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

Discus and support Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After Intel hired AMD's top Radeon architect, Raja Koduri, last year the chip maker flagged plans to deliver its own high-end discrete graphics cards.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Read more: Intel: Expect our first discrete GPUs by 2020 | ZDNet

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jmich456 Win User

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Hello,

I am getting this message when trying to update to 1803 "Cannot uninstall App: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display" Please uninstall manually and then refresh. I am getting this on 2 Alienware 17 R4 laptops.

I have uninstalled the amplifier program and both Intel and NVIDA graphics drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?

No it is not in the App and Features section.

jmich456, Jun 14, 2018
  3. spayk Win User
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is running with 0 GPU (which is intel) and it also colides with the web browser which is stuttering. I have changed everything in the Nvidia panel and also intel panel to save options for each application to seperate nvidia from intel graphics, but it does not seem to work.
    So my question is, is there any way to set up and force assign of nvidia graphic or intel graphics card through the registry (regedit)?
    My specs are:
    clevo based laptop,
    windows 10 (latest build),
    intel processor i-7700hq,
    intel graphic card 630,
    nvidia graphic card 1050 ti,
    16 gb of ram.
    Greetings.

spayk, Jun 14, 2018
  4. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020 - Similar Threads - Expect Intel discrete

1. SYSTEM THREAD EXPECTION NOT HANDLED help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM THREAD EXPECTION NOT HANDLED help please: I restarted my computer and i got the blue screen of death. Ive tried resetting had the error message not enough space. Tried every other option I cant access safe mode from f8. I tried the scanning for error in command promt and no luck I dont have a recovery disk ive only...
  2. What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows 10 version 1803 codenamed Redstone 4 will be pushed automatically to systems that are considered to be fully compatible in the coming weeks. By the summer, the update would become available for download on...
  3. How can I send an email with the format expected?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I send an email with the format expected?: I'm in a position to send emails to a hundred or more recipients. To be safe, I first construct the message in MS Word - then paste it to the body of the email. To be extra safe, I'll email the message to myself. Then, I paste the message to the plethora of recipients and to...
  4. Previous versions not working as expected with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions not working as expected with Windows 10: Restore points are correctly configured and working. Why I can't restore old file (new one has changed) from 'Properties > Previous versions' as expected? As you can see from ShadowExplorer utility there is an old copy. [img] Previous versions with Windows 10 should...
  5. New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?: I'll soon be getting a new receiver and speakers. They aren't computer speakers, but more meant for your standard audio equipment. The receiver has 4 HDMI Inputs and one HDMI Output. My current setup, my monitor has built-in speakers. I don't really use them, though. Not...
  6. Disk Usage 100% - to be expected?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage 100% - to be expected?: I just had a hassle with my machine moving like cold treacle. Task Manager said in 'processes' that disk was 50% But in 'performance' it said disk 0 - drives C: and E: - was 100% There's also a 1T drive J but it didn't get a mention. I stopped windows search and I...
  7. Windows 10 Accessibility: What to expect in the year ahead

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Accessibility: What to expect in the year ahead: Our journey this year begins with maintaining our investments on visual accessibility features as well as diversifying our efforts across new and improved accessibility experiences coming in the next update of Windows 10. Many of these new features are available to preview in...