Windows 10: Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

Discus and support Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What are everyones expectations of Internet Explorer 12, I say new UI. 1797 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kesto, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Kesto Win User

Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

What are everyones expectations of Internet Explorer 12, I say new UI.

:)

Kesto, Sep 9, 2014
  2. Rick-M Win User

Windows Media Player and Groove

Internet Explorer 12? Windows 10 comes with Internet Explorer 11.

MS Edge is new product from Microsoft and is
    not Internet Explorer 12.

Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 [​IMG]

Rick-M, Sep 9, 2014
  3. Internet Explorer 12 release?

Hate EDGE ALL IT DOES IS CRASH!

ToastyTomcat18, Sep 9, 2014
  4. Mystere Win User

Well, the UI hasn't changed much in the last several versions. It's mostly been "under the covers" improvements in rendering, standards conformance, acceleration, etc... If anything, there may be a new theme for Windows 9, but I wouldn't expect any major UI changes.

But I could be wrong.

Mystere, Sep 15, 2014
  5. Not that it is something I would like, but I could see the modern version being the default with Windows 9, now that apps can run on the desktop, the current desktop version will be no more

paulsalter, Sep 15, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I think MS needs to do their own thing on the browser and not just copy FF and/or Chrome. By now they should have enough talented individuals that can come up with a really nice looking and very functional browser.. well you would think? Wouldn't ya??

Gee I would hope so..*sarc
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 15, 2014
  7. 24C
    24c Win User
    I used IE up to IE6, then discovered Firefox, used it for years until I started with Chrome. Have now used Chrome for quite awhile and will only go back to IE if all else fails. IMO, IE is an annoying piece of software. YMMV

I'd also add MSN and Bing to annoying list.

8. Vladimir Win User

All 3 (IE, FF, Chrome) have good points for me. I'd like to see a customizable start screen in IE12.

*Smile

Vladimir, Sep 15, 2014
  9. Mystere Win User
    How do you know it's annoying if you haven't used it in years? It really has improved a lot... Of course, anything is annoying when you're used to something else...

Mystere, Sep 15, 2014
  10. 24C
    24c Win User
    "only go back to IE if all else fails" its still there, I still visit it on occasion, I don't like it. I also don't like lobster which a lot of people seem to like...*Wink

11. Vladimir Win User
    IE is as good as any moderm browser, but we all have our personal preferences...

*Smile

Vladimir, Sep 15, 2014
  12. 24C
    24c Win User
    I guess I'll refrain from posting my likes/dislikes here....

13. badrobot Win User

I expect it to have the same low number of users whatever changes MS does.

-Chrome user

badrobot, Sep 15, 2014
  14. Mystere Win User
    Wait... How is that a fair comparison?

That graph claims to be a combination of Destkop, Phone and Tablet browser stats. The problem is that Android has 2x the market share of everything else combined. And Android only has one browser allowed to run on it, Chrome. So yeah, it's impossible for those stats to NOT have Chrome listed at 40-50%.

And, that's also worldwide.. considering that outside the US, the vast majority of users access the internet from their phones... that's also very skewed. If we check the stats for US, and Desktop only, we see a very different picture...

I realize you're in Canada, but even there I think Mobile internet use is much Higher these days than desktop.

The funny thing is, I've seen these graphs for quite some time now. But it is never even close to the kind of usage of any site I've worked on, but the sites I've worked on have been largely non-technical sites.. healthcare and ecommerce related. Internet Explorer is always 2x higher than anything else on any site I've seen that does not have a high technical user ratio.

Mystere, Sep 16, 2014
  15. badrobot Win User
    I don't see any problem. Windows Phones also does not have Chrome browser app. But still, I don't use IE on my Windows Phone. I use UC Browser and Maxxthon browser.

badrobot, Sep 16, 2014
Thema:

1. Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 - Similar Threads - Expectations Internet Explorer

2. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  3. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  4. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Not getting expected Internet speed

7. Not getting expected Internet speed

8. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Not getting expected Internet speed

10. Not getting expected Internet speed