Windows 10: Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

Discus and support Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't see any problem. Windows Phones also does not have Chrome browser app. But still, I don't use IE on my Windows Phone. I use UC Browser and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kesto, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Tony K Win User

Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

How does that work with Cortana and Bing Search engine? Does it open one of those browsers when tapping a result?

BTW, have you ever tried searching for “Bing home page” in Cortana. It’s a weird result.

Tony K, Sep 16, 2014
  2. badrobot Win User

HG, that's a good point. I got tired of Cortana. I turned it off. I don't use Bing search. I manually open up my preferred browser and use google. I probably use IE from time to time but only when I click links from email messages. That's because it uses the default browser by itself.

badrobot, Sep 16, 2014
  3. Tony K Win User
    To each their own, but your not using half of the phablet's potential. You must like the UI and/or Office on it then, otherwise you might as well have bought an Android and saved yourself some money.

That means you can't synch neither IE nor Chrome Favorites either. You must have a lot of time on your hands to manage different devices.

Tony K, Sep 16, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

HG - it seems you've appropriated someone elses avatar. Some wizzard guy I reckon who talks about sleep not working for hundreds of pages.

I did look but never found a decent picture George giving the peace sign. I'll give bing a stab perhaps but it could be it just doesn't exist.

adamf, Sep 16, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    I've been using Android (HTC One X) before I switched to WP. I still have it and can switch back if I want to. As you said, to each his own. I don't need "Favorites". I don't surf the web on mobile phones. I use my windows tablet for that. I just use it for making calls, messaging, managing my skeds and joining a discussion like this (using tapatalk app). I just wanted a different phone with a bigger screen. Everyone needs a phone. The features are just there if I need them.

badrobot, Sep 16, 2014
  6. Tony K Win User
    I didn't like the immersive version at first only to dabble with it, but after getting my Lumia I decided to stick with it to learn it well. That's all I'm using now. One reason is that if I'm claiming that the Modern is so efficient it would be hypocritical not to use it. Using it all the time now. Phone and PC are very similar. Only feature I would like is the Favorites option to stay open. I realize that "All" would not be an option, but a folder would if you know what I mean.

Tony K, Sep 22, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    My expectation (or wishful thinking) is for IE to disappear.

CountMike, Sep 24, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Yes and no.. Yes if it either stays the same or MS just copies what the others are currently doing(Firefox, Chrome).
    No if they do come out with a new browser that is totally cool and their own design. - Very unlikely!

BunnyJ, Sep 24, 2014
  9. I thought you could do that now

Turn On/Off windows features and untick IE

paulsalter, Sep 24, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    I did since it was possible at all but it's too deeply embedded in the system so it's just about the same thing as just not using it at all.

CountMike, Sep 24, 2014
  11. I'd expect it to work, something the current one doesn't do on my last 2 computers.
    I can't show my Comcast home page or a number of other pages I use, and it's been this way for several years.

MikeHawthorne, Sep 26, 2014
  12. Hey, some of us actually like IE, especially the last three versions. Chrome is the one I wish would disappear. I'm sick and tired of program installers/updaters trying to ram the thing down my throat!

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 26, 2014
  13. Tony K Win User

*Ditto

I'm enjoying the Modern version of it. Only complaint I with it is that I can't configure Favorites to stay open like in the desktop version. However, the Modern one has a Read mode, which I find quite nice.

Tony K, Sep 26, 2014
  14. Petey7 Win User
    So much "yes" to this. I'm sick and tired of programs and ads telling me how great Chrome is. I swore off of Chrome in 2010, when it allowed a website to download a virus to my computer without so much as asking if I wanted to download the file or not. I just got the thing at the bottom saying it was downloading a file. I could not find anyway to remove the virus or fix all the damage it did (it made all exe files launch it instead of what ever program you were trying to use). Caused me to have to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch and lost me unrecoverable photos from my brother's bachelor party. Photos that only I had and to this day I still get people asking me if I have the photos still. It is my understanding this particular security flaw has been fixed, but still, when most people come to me with a web browser related issue, they are using Chrome and my advice is to them is always the same: switch to IE 11. IE 11 with enhanced protection mode enabled, all pop-ups blocked and MSE installed pretty covers me completely. I also have MBAM Pro, but it really hasn't done much in quite a while.

Petey7, Sep 26, 2014
  15. badrobot Win User
    'Been a Chrome user since XP days.. no big issues. I feel that IE hogs my system all the time right upon boot up.
    Downloading issues are not Chrome's or IE's evil work. It all depends on where you are getting your downloads from. Chrome, like IE, is just a medium. Not a direct source of download materials. Accepting or Declining any downloads (with all the unwanted bundled software that is embedded on it) is up to the user's judgement. Don't rely too much on browsers' security features. Be aware of what you are doing online at all times. Even IE has it's own security flaws. Maybe it just so happen that you were using Chrome at the time you got the virus and something has to be blamed somehow.

Cheers!

badrobot, Sep 27, 2014
Thema:

1. Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 - Similar Threads - Expectations Internet Explorer

2. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  3. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  4. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Not getting expected Internet speed

7. Not getting expected Internet speed

8. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Not getting expected Internet speed

10. Not getting expected Internet speed