Windows 10: Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

Discus and support Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing a hang in my laptop for the first 5-10 mins after i switch it on. I have recently bought this HP laptop with 8Gb RAM and 2Gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RupeshMolleti, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

Hi,

I am experiencing a hang in my laptop for the first 5-10 mins after i switch it on. I have recently bought this HP laptop with 8Gb RAM and 2Gb nvidea graphic card. It is a 64 bit opersting system and has intel i5 8th gen. I am shocked that with such specifications also i am experiencing a hang. Kindly provide a solution to this as it is very irritating, especially when there are urgent mails to be sent.

Regards

M.Rupesh

:)

RupeshMolleti, Jan 19, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting [​IMG]

zinou, Jan 19, 2019
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

1. Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting - Similar Threads - Experience hang mins

2. Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  3. Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  4. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins on first time boot after sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taking 10 mins on first time boot after sysprep: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  5. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins on first time boot after sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taking 10 mins on first time boot after sysprep: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  6. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins on first time boot after sysprep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SSD usage stays at 100% for about 2 to 5 min after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD usage stays at 100% for about 2 to 5 min after booting: i have an issue that ssd usage stays at 100% for about 5 min after booting windows i have searched stuffs on the internet and tried every steps that might help but did not work for me...
  8. (HELP) Every game crashes in the first 5 mins

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (HELP) Every game crashes in the first 5 mins: So basically, no matter what game it is it will crash, every game crashes on the 5 minute mark, at this point im frustrated and im running out of ideas on what to do. I have been looking everywhere for answers but all i have found was not helpful, i thought i could come to...
  9. windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen: I added my laptop to my test environment in intune and then removed it from intune. Since it was still running certain things I set in the policy like not allowing users to change the background, I tried to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. However, when setting up the...
  10. Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+: My computer works fine with no issues being for long periods of time, but when I lock my computer (WIN + L) if its locked for about 30 min or so everything freezes (the keyboard and mouse don't work) and I have to restart for it to work again. I've tried unplugging and...