Windows 10: Experience on cheap tablet

Discus and support Experience on cheap tablet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a cheap cheap 8 inch tablet that was sold off for 50 EUR (about 55$) (with a small bluetooth keyboard included and a 1 year subscription to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Olive, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Olive Win User

Experience on cheap tablet

I just got a cheap cheap 8 inch tablet that was sold off for 50 EUR (about 55$) (with a small bluetooth keyboard included and a 1 year subscription to Office 365 that can be use in one computer only, but not necessarily the tablet). Of course the specs are low: 1Gb of RAM, 16Gb of "hard disk" space, atom processor. The tablet came with Windows 8.1 32 bits. I had upgraded it to Windows 10. But, beside from the fact that the gravity sensor don't work (but should be fixable with a third part driver), the overall experience was not good. Everything feel sluggish, much more that in with Windows 8.1. particularly the menu animation. I wonder what's the real minimum hardware specs needed to run Windows 10? I have the feeling that you need more than with Windows 8.1 and more than the minimum announced by Microsoft? Something that tends to support my idea is that current native Windows 10 tablet are generally more powerful than that. I do not see these ultracheap tablets with Windows 10 anymore.

I had the good idea to create a recovery USB key from Windows 8.1 and I used it to factory reset my tablet to Windows 8.1. At least Windows 10 having been activated, I think I can now upgrade even after 29 July (Microsoft says that you can indefinitely reinstall Windows 10 if you have installed it before 29 July).

:)

Olive, Jul 11, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How i got Windows 10 update to stop permanently.

The updates are part of the operating system. No way to stop them. Why did you buy something that includes updates if you don't want updates?

If all you wanted to do is watch NetFlix, buy a cheap tablet or a Chromebook. NetFlix works very well on a cheap tablet from years ago.

BulldogXX, Jul 11, 2016
  3. How i got Windows 10 update to stop permanently.

MORE NONSENSE BS. There is 3 ways to stop Windows Update.

seahawks65, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

Experience on cheap tablet

1. Experience on cheap tablet - Similar Threads - Experience cheap tablet

2. cheap Mac Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cheap Mac Windows?: As a long-time Mac user I have been toying for decades with the idea of buying Windows for my Mac. I have not yet, because nearly every useful application has its Mac equivalent. But once or twice I have run into a situation in which it might have been convenient to have...
  3. cheap Mac Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cheap Mac Windows?: As a long-time Mac user I have been toying for decades with the idea of buying Windows for my Mac. I have not yet, because nearly every useful application has its Mac equivalent. But once or twice I have run into a situation in which it might have been convenient to have...
  4. Cheap windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cheap windows10 pro: if you buy one of those cheap windows 10 pro keys but it becomes no longer genuine can you roll back to old windows 10 submitted by /u/ILikebreadstapled [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb9fff/cheap_windows10_pro/
  5. Cheap printer/ink

in Windows 10 Support
    Cheap printer/ink: hi, can anybody suggest a cheap printer with available cheap ink, my old printer costs a fortune for ink! regards, 173334
  6. Buying Office cheap

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Buying Office cheap: I already use Office 2013 but when a repair shop installed a new motherboard, somehow they fouled up the Office installation and I have been using it no problems but not activated. I am now setting up a new PC and I probably will not be able to transfer Office from the old...
  7. What are your experiences from buying cheap keys from websites like ebay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are your experiences from buying cheap keys from websites like ebay?: I just got a new pc, and I only have windows from the media creation tool and I need a key for some other settings, has anyone had bad experiences here from getting keys for cheap? If not how long have you had your cheap key working for? submitted by /u/DZZ17 [link]...
  8. Cheap Chinese tat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cheap Chinese tat: i have purchased 5 different cheap Chinese mini computers in the last year running windows 10 Ezzipad Belink and others all have crashed 2 are disabled one is unable to run windows 10 properly thinks its a 32 when its a 64 I have wasted so-o much time am i right in thinking...
  9. Apps to make tablet experience better?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps to make tablet experience better?: Hey there, recently got a Windows 10 tablet! Wondering if there's a list of the best (free) apps, mostly system apps. For example, one to add custom gestures.. There's one on the store, but it's NOT free. Hopefully you'll help me, thanks! 46798
  10. Cheap Laptop for studies

in Windows 10 Support
    Cheap Laptop for studies: Hi, so I am currently in the market for a new laptop. Could someone help me with figuring out what specs and/or models i should look into? I will mainly use this laptop for taking notes and browsing the web (heavy web usage, aka games, while youtube and 2 mail tabs and 3 or...