Windows 10: Experienced the Pin 20 Display Port Problem

Discus and support Experienced the Pin 20 Display Port Problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, my son has the newest and nicest computer in the house. For his birthday, he got enough money to upgrade to a 3rd monitor. He had his primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pparks1, Jul 29, 2019.

1. pparks1 Win User

Experienced the Pin 20 Display Port Problem

So, my son has the newest and nicest computer in the house. For his birthday, he got enough money to upgrade to a 3rd monitor. He had his primary monitor, a 24" Dell IPS hooked up via Display Port. He has a secondary 24" TN panel hooked up via HDMI.

The new monitor is a 144Hz monitor, and we picked up the monitor and a display port cable for it. We experienced quite a bit of trouble getting the computer to turn on and boot correctly when the 3rd monitor was attached. It just wouldn't post. The lights would come on, the fans would spin, but the monitors wouldn't come up and the box wouldn't boot. After boot up, we could attach the monitor and it would work, and we could restart and reboot.

After a fair amount of troubleshooting, I discovered that power was backfeeding into the system from this new monitor over the Display Port cable that we purchased. I found that the LED code screen on his mobo was staying powered up even with the computer disconnected from power. Once I unplugged the monitors display port cable, the light went out.

Got him a new Display port cable and the problem is gone.

:)

pparks1, Jul 29, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

display port to hdmi no signal

Do you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card?

If new drivers or reloading graphics card drivers doesn't fix it, the next thing I would suggest is to try the display port to HDMI adapter a couple of us have suggested already with a regular HDMI cable. If your cable is bad or you just need an adapter because for some reason a straight cable won't work - spending $20 on the adapter is a lot cheaper than new graphics card. I just installed my GTX 970 card a week ago and I had plenty of HDMI cables so that is why I went with the adapter instead of buying a new display port to hdmi cable.

NavyLCDR, Jul 29, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 29, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Experienced the Pin 20 Display Port Problem - Similar Threads - Experienced Pin Display

2. Anyone experiencing this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone experiencing this problem?: Anyone else experiencing slowdowns when closing the Windows 10 Task Manager? It takes time to close build 19045.3086. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-experiencing-this-problem/fc203f61-a423-47aa-82d1-ebc11e4bf8e7
  3. Anyone experiencing this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone experiencing this problem?: Anyone else experiencing slowdowns when closing the Windows 10 Task Manager? It takes time to close build 19045.3086. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-experiencing-this-problem/fc203f61-a423-47aa-82d1-ebc11e4bf8e7
  4. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No single/display problem hdmi port: I have upgraded my pc and plug with smat tv with hdmi port and other end with my gpu hdmi port, whenever I restart my pc display is not showing untill I plug and unplug my hdmi cable 1-2 times even I have uninstalled latest display driver and do as good as I can, but still...
  5. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No single/display problem hdmi port: I have upgraded my pc and plug with smat tv with hdmi port and other end with my gpu hdmi port, whenever I restart my pc display is not showing untill I plug and unplug my hdmi cable 1-2 times even I have uninstalled latest display driver and do as good as I can, but still...
  6. No single/display problem hdmi port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display port problem after last updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display port problem after last updates: hello after the last update of the 16/03/2021 my displayport start of fail and appear a message in the monitor that says "displayport not signal" each time when i open a game or when i open virtual machines or when im in the desktop, i make a new instalation of windows 10...
  8. Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  9. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...
  10. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem displayport 20 pins