Windows 10: Experiences random crashes

Discus and support Experiences random crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, in the past 2 days at least, I've been experiences crashes when I game. So far I've crashed twice, with the first being a full on BSOD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InderVirdi510, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Experiences random crashes

Recently, in the past 2 days at least, I've been experiences crashes when I game. So far I've crashed twice, with the first being a full on BSOD and the second was just a "lockup" freeze of processes

What goes on in the crash is that the game freezes and the audio loops in a harsh level of volume. The only way I've found to fix the issue is to reset the system.

The most recent output of the Reliability History is as follows:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 (0xffff3c87bfa7c6f5, 0x0000c4854d81d075, 0xffff3b7ab27e2f8a, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

The most recent ERROR in Event Viewer is as follows:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f7 (0xffff3c87bfa7c6f5, 0x0000c4854d81d075, 0xffff3b7ab27e2f8a, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

(It also says it's Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.)

What other info should I provide to help?

:)

InderVirdi510, Aug 2, 2018
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

• If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    • If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Aug 2, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 2, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Experiences random crashes

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Experiences random crashes

1. Experiences random crashes - Similar Threads - Experiences random crashes

2. Windows 10 experience random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 experience random freeze and reboot: Hi, My computer is experiencing random freeze recently. And the situation is getting much more frequent than before. It usually freezes at a random time and after a few second, it would automatically restart. I have tried to update my BIOS as well as reinstalling my windows...
  3. Windows 10 experience random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 experience random freeze and reboot: Hi, My computer is experiencing random freeze recently. And the situation is getting much more frequent than before. It usually freezes at a random time and after a few second, it would automatically restart. I have tried to update my BIOS as well as reinstalling my windows...
  4. Windows 10 experience random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes: My PC randomly when playing games will crash and i will be able to hear a buzzing sound coming through my headphones. I also have a problem where my HDD is under 100% load after booting the PC for around 5 minutes due to services such as Antimalware Service Executable,...
  6. Random Crashes

Random Crashes: When im using my computer it randomly crashes. I could be playing or just watching a video and crash everything. I sometimes get the blue screen of death and other times my screen goes black. It's very frustrating because i cant do my office work without the worry losing my...
  7. Random crashing

Random crashing: Hi, I have been getting random crashes starting about 2-3 weeks ago.This is when I am playing games, both screens crash, but the system does seem to still be working.I need to reset to beable to get the screens up .From what I could see it was LightingServices which I have...
  8. Geforce Experience Update crash?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce Experience Update crash?: When finishing the Geforce Experience Update, if you have a game running, is it possible that it crashes? Geforce Experience Updatee?
  9. Geforce experience crashing computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Geforce experience crashing computer: when i bought my MSI gaming laptop it came with free games to download by using the NVIDIA Geforce experience app. when i tried to update it my screen went blue with a stop code of video memory internal. i uninstalled it and tried to redo it thinking that the update just...
  10. Unexpected Store Exception Experience Randomly

Unexpected Store Exception Experience Randomly: Hello All, I have been getting an Unexpected Store Exception BSOD randomly for about the last two weeks. At first it seemed to only occur while I was playing a heavily modded version of minecraft, but it has happened now when booting my laptop out of sleep or even just doing...