Windows 10: Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

Discus and support Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Subject: Reporting Issue with Administrator Blocking Applications, Including Microsoft Edge, on Windows 10I hope this message finds you well. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tanto Dini, May 25, 2024.

1. Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

Subject: Reporting Issue with Administrator Blocking Applications, Including Microsoft Edge, on Windows 10I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 computer, concerning the blocking of certain applications by the administrator, notably Microsoft Edge.Recently, I have encountered difficulties accessing Microsoft Edge and other applications due to what appears to be restrictions imposed by the administrator settings on my system. Despite attempting various troubleshooting methods, I have been unable to resolve this issue independently.

:)

Tanto Dini, May 25, 2024
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 25, 2024
  3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

Block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 25, 2024
  4. Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

blocking advertisement in Microsoft Edge

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Please follow the steps to block Pop-ups or Ads.

• Open “Microsoft Edge settings”.
    • Select the option “View advance settings”.
    • Turn on “Pop-up block”.
    • And also turn on “help protect me from malicious sites and downloads from Smart filter”.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

1. Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance. - Similar Threads - Experiencing admin blocks

2. Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.: Subject: Reporting Issue with Administrator Blocking Applications, Including Microsoft Edge, on Windows 10I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 computer, concerning the blocking of certain applications by the...
  3. Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing admin blocks on Win 10, incl. Microsoft Edge. Need assistance.: Subject: Reporting Issue with Administrator Blocking Applications, Including Microsoft Edge, on Windows 10I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 computer, concerning the blocking of certain applications by the...
  4. Microsoft store admin blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store admin blocked: Hello, I recently bought a device. When i try to open Microsoft Store, it says that it's admin blocked, but im the admin. I tried multiple things, but it appears that the app itself is not properly installed, so i opened Powershell and entered this code: Get-AppXPackage...
  5. Microsoft store admin blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store admin blocked: Hello, I recently bought a device. When i try to open Microsoft Store, it says that it's admin blocked, but im the admin. I tried multiple things, but it appears that the app itself is not properly installed, so i opened Powershell and entered this code: Get-AppXPackage...
  6. admin blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin blocked: How come when i try and get on the app Avast Secure Browser now it wants to say that the admin has blocked it. But this app has been on here since i got it and now i cant submit my last bit of work??...
  7. admin blocked

admin blocked: How come when i try and get on the app Avast Secure Browser now it wants to say that the admin has blocked it. But this app has been on here since i got it and now i cant submit my last bit of work??...
  8. Unable to activate Win, need assistance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Win, need assistance: Hello, I have an issue to activate Windows 10 on my new pcWhen I installed Win, I could not find @ button on keyboard since I was not familiar with the Serbian layout, been using us one always and it was way trickier to find it, so I made a new Microsoft account but now when...
  9. Microsoft office account is blocked by Admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft office account is blocked by Admin: Due to a security threat our Admin has blocked our Microsoft office accountAnd now unbale to access my laptop. Admin claims account will be unlocked once the threat is cleared and verified. But until that time my laptop I just want to access my laptop even if its a different...
  10. Remove or block microsoft edge

Remove or block microsoft edge: Is there a way to completely uninstall Microsoft Edge or at least block the application from doing anything. This app keeps on changing all my file types PDF to in browser link and opens everything in Microsoft edge even when I don't want it too. I was fine without it but I...