Windows 10: Experiencing audio feedback after downloading Zoom app

Discus and support Experiencing audio feedback after downloading Zoom app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The other evening I downloaded the Zoom app in order to chat with family across the country. Later I went on Netflix and began to experience audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lmsl995, Apr 7, 2020.

1. lmsl995 Win User

Experiencing audio feedback after downloading Zoom app

The other evening I downloaded the Zoom app in order to chat with family across the country. Later I went on Netflix and began to experience audio feedback, basically an echoing or vibrating sound accompanying the audio.

After realizing this sound occurs when using any website or listening to music I've previously downloaded, I uninstalled the application. I also did the following:

- disabled my microphone

- updated Realtek which is the audio driver

- troubleshooted through Microsoft's support system

I haven't been able to find any other solutions when googling, including a suggestion regarding "enhanced features" which I couldn't find on my system. It is rather frustrating as I've never experienced this problem before and use my laptop to play music to help me fall asleep.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please explain as if to a child, I'm not super tech-savvy. Thank you!

:)

lmsl995, Apr 7, 2020
  2. BB-Q Win User

No Video for ZOOM app

I just downloaded the Zoom app on my laptop -- Dell Inspiron 13, 7000 Series, Windows 10. However, I can't get the video to work. Audio is fine, but no video. I can see others on Zoom, but they can't see me, nor can I see me. Any suggestions for a technically-challenged
    rookie who wants to connect with friends during this shelter-in-place phase life?

BB-Q, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

audio problems

Hi,

One possible reason that you’re experiencing sound issue is missing or outdated drivers. We suggest that you update the display drivers by following the steps on this
    article.

You may also try checking the sound settings if the default audio device is set to an HDMI output.

• Right-click the sound icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under the Playback tab, make sure you choose HDMI output as default audio device.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Experiencing audio feedback after downloading Zoom app - Similar Threads - Experiencing audio feedback

2. zoom download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zoom download: I am trying to download zoom desktop app but says i need to refer to IT team to download latest version. I have no IT team just me! how do I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-download/5119f735-7438-4a20-968c-77b2e34fe54a
  3. zoom download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zoom download: I am trying to download zoom desktop app but says i need to refer to IT team to download latest version. I have no IT team just me! how do I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-download/5119f735-7438-4a20-968c-77b2e34fe54a
  4. Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Zoom on my windows in S Mode? Isn't there a Zoom app in the app store?: If S mode is used so I can only get apps from the app store, why won't zoom, which I found in the app store, be available? And what problems will occur if I turn S mode off, so I can download Zoom?...
  5. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app and Zoom won't record audio: I can't get the Camera App or Zoom to record my audio. When I test the audio on Zoom, I can see that the device is picking up the sound, but for some reason, I cannot get it to record. I tried the troubleshooting advice I found here. All the drivers are current, and all the...
  6. Zoom and Zoom Client apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zoom and Zoom Client apps: I was able to install the Zoom app on my PC, but cannot download and install Zoom Client. Microsoft says that Windows 10 in S mode prevents downloading and installing apps that are NOT offered by Microsoft Store. How do I get around this? I do not want to switch out of S...
  7. Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing: When I played audio from chrome or any other application except zoom it does not play from the headphones but plays from the system speakers. I tried to change the audio output from the settings but it didn't have an option to change it to headphone audio for the system audio...
  8. zoom audio

zoom audio: During Zoom, if I plug earbuds or external speakers, I can hear but am not heard. * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS assumed to be Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-audio/95881684-4ea8-4314-9a83-11fa9c4d8f5a
  9. Audio is not Working in Zoom

Audio is not Working in Zoom: Split from this thread. Audio does not work when using Zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-not-working-in-zoom/4be689a5-1268-438d-9a67-ebee487868d0
  10. Feedback realtec audio

Feedback realtec audio: I am getting feedback. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-realtec-audio/302a48a7-cc59-45c9-8b67-918aa599990b