Windows 10: Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode

Discus and support Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. My PC has been experiencing IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors a few times a day. I’ve also gotten CRITICAL PROCESS DIED every now and then. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luka M, May 18, 2020.

1. Luka M Win User

Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode

Hello. My PC has been experiencing IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors a few times a day. I’ve also gotten CRITICAL PROCESS DIED every now and then. I am currently unable to access safe mode due to DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION errors.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 twice already, and it still keeps getting BSODs.

In response to cleanup-image. DISM has been giving me and Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows Vista RTM or earlier operating system.

I haven’t tried to troubleshoot much earlier, because Microsoft doesn’t have any help services that are accessible to me. It’s very difficult for me to read and write. and none of the other folks who I can get assistance from are abled. Only now has someone had enough spoons to help.

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

Luka M, May 18, 2020

2. Cannot access Safe Mode in BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community. We understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resove the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the exact error message that is displayed in the BSOD?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer that led to the BSOD?

For now, if you wish to access Safe Mode in an non accessible situation, I would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.
    Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

• Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:
    1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,”
    do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows
    Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
    'Troubleshoot'.

3.Click,
    Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Settings'.

4.You will have to Restart the computer, once it restarts then you will have the option to log into
    Safe Mode.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, May 18, 2020
  4. Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode

1. Experiencing BSODs and am unable to access safe mode - Similar Threads - Experiencing BSODs unable

2. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  3. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  4. Unable to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot safe mode: So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?...
  5. BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode: For the past week, my computer turns on then starts a cycle of blue screens for 5 hours straight then finally shows a boot screen that never fully boots up my computer. The cycle starts with turning on, followed by my bios main start up screen, then “preparing automatic...
  6. Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.: These BSODs seem to happen whilst playing games. 152888
  7. I am able to access internet only in safe mode

I am able to access internet only in safe mode: I am having Windows 10. Recently I am able to access the internet only in the safe mode. On checking the updates for windows, I found the following screen. Can someone help? Even "Fix Issues" do not help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 update stuck. unable to access safe mode

Windows 10 update stuck. unable to access safe mode: Hi, my kids laptop instructed that I should update windows 10 version. I followed all the instructions and now the computer is stuck on a never ending loop of starting, indicating that it is 'undoing changes made to my computer', shutting down and starting again. One post i...
  9. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...
  10. Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode: Hello World, I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's going on. I was having video issues, unable to run Sims 3 on my Windows 10 laptop (upgraded from Win 7) following a game...