Windows 10: Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....

Discus and support Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; See title. I have done many different things to stop this. I have done a system clean-up and restore health, I have done a full virus scan, I have made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Waa08767581432967802435, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....

See title. I have done many different things to stop this. I have done a system clean-up and restore health, I have done a full virus scan, I have made sure that my PC is windows 10 1909 version.
    At first I thought it was being caused by NBA 2K20, so I made sure that it was not saving to the cloud. Regardless, I have made sure to not play it for about five days and the issue has not stopped.
    Then I thought it was where I was screen sharing with discord, which I have not done and the issue still persists.
    Today I thought it was whenever my friend contacted me on discord, as I was playing Surviving Mars without any interruptions, but then as soon as he messaged me it started again. I then deleted discord and re-installed it, which changed nothing I made sure that there were no files left on my computer which had "discord" anywhere. I then re-installed it and nothing has changed.
    I then re-started my computer which seems to have only made the issue worse.
    While sometimes the issue does not occur, it will start doing it even if I am not doing anything.
    I do not know what else I could do other than a fill system reboot, which will delete all of my files, which I do not want to do.
    It also seems to affect my WIFI, as before this started happening, I had about 0 ping, 40-80Mbps in download, and about 20-40Mbps in upload, whereas now I at best have about 0-10000000 ping not an overstatement, 15-40Mbps in download and about 10-30Mbps in upload. However, it is currently at, apparently, <1ms which it clearly is not that low, 13.41Mpbs in download and 2.09Mbps in upload.

I do not keep my computer on over night and I shut it down every time I turn it off.
    I have 16GB of RAM, which at most 40% of it is being used.
    My graphics card is very good for what I use it for.
    My computer is not overheating.

:)

Waa08767581432967802435, Mar 14, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Mar 14, 2020
  3. jason761 Win User
    Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

I installed the realtek audio driver already. Im not sure why it says that.

jason761, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....

mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....

1. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.... - Similar Threads - Experiencing freezing stuttering

2. Mouse stuttering and freezing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stuttering and freezing.: Hey, recently my mouse is freezing a lot which is very annoying while playing games I searched about it and found the [Human Interface Device] driver was not up to date, so I updated them with Driver Booster and problem was fixed but after I uninstalled the software Driver...
  3. Mouse stuttering and freezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stuttering and freezing.: Hey, recently my mouse is freezing a lot which is very annoying while playing games I searched about it and found the [Human Interface Device] driver was not up to date, so I updated them with Driver Booster and problem was fixed but after I uninstalled the software Driver...
  4. Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.: So this is a recent Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19042.746) installation as one half of a Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate after months, years of holding off. Windows 10 has been...fine for the most part. Small things that were able to be improved on, if not fixed entirely. The...
  5. Mouse stuttering and freezing

Mouse stuttering and freezing: Help, on my completely updated computer new case + all new internal components whichever of 2 mice that I have used, both will stutter and/or freeze randomly regardless of what program is running. Only one mouse is connected at any time. Both connect via USB dongle, are...
  6. Mouse stutters, then no audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stutters, then no audio.: Hi, I have a problem with my audio. So sometimes out of the blue, my mouse stutters a bit, then I have no audio. I do the troubleshooting on the setting, and I reinstall my audio driver, and it works. I want to get rid of the problem, but I don't know how. I have a Scarlett...
  7. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in games and desktop. Noticable with audio and mouse.

Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in games and desktop. Noticable with audio and mouse.: This started four days ago, it stopped doing it yesterday even through I did nothing to stop it and it has started again today. I have updated my driver to the newest version and done a full virus scan. I have checked my computer's heath and repaired it which had no effect. I...
  8. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.

Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.: See title. This has only started today. I have updated my driver and windows to the newest version. I have done a full virus scan. I do not know what else it could be....
  9. Mouse Stutter/Freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Stutter/Freeze: Recently my mouse started to stutter across the screen or freeze. I've searched and looked for ways to fix it but none of the methods seem to help me resolve this problem. This is starting to irritate me and I don't know if I should factory reset my pc. Can anyone please help...
  10. Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing: Hi, my computer will always randomly freeze for 1-3 seconds when I do normal tasks (like using chrome and skype). The freezes cause audio and mouse to also freeze during that time. I tried to swap CPUs, get a new mobo, use different RAM and nothing works. I've got this...