Windows 10: Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

Discus and support Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Like many others reporting BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I've periodically encountered it and a restart makes it go away. A few days ago, I had the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by headsupbee, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

Like many others reporting BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I've periodically encountered it and a restart makes it go away. A few days ago, I had the crash on every restart. Some restarts result into the error "No bootable devices found" and so I have to restart again.

I've seen some threads like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-criticalprocessdied-ntoskrnlexe/93eb7b95-4b46-4ae2-ae9e-865ec0f90202 so I've also already done a HDTune and did a Windows Memory diagnostic..

Please see the minidump files, HDTune screenshots, and Memory test results here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18mbzl1O08F5Nm15vMdqzijOTzbAdAC5i/view?usp=sharing

BlueScreenView indicates BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ntoskrnl.exe, but I saw that is not much of a pointer.

Windows Memory diagnostic passed.

HDTune error scan = no damaged blocks. Benchmark seemed okay. The health check is not doing anything though.

I've also done a chkdsk /r in safe mode and nothing wrong. I tried to do the powershell sfc /scannow but it would BSOD before finishing. I did not retry it.

I'm hoping this is some old/faulty driver causing this. Please help.

:)

headsupbee, Feb 4, 2021

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 4, 2021
  3. NGKH5 Win User
    BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Agility Win User

Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

1. Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device - Similar Threads - Experiencing frequent BSOD

2. Experiencing frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  3. Experiencing frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  4. BSOD - No bootable Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - No bootable Device: Hi all,I am on the Nitro 5 AN515-53 Windows 10 Microsoft Home.Two times this month after a proper repair install I've gotten BSOD which happens moments after all my programs stop responding. The crash dump is at 0%, and on restart I am given a black screen with a HDD saying...
  5. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason: Hello, I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer was old that there was a hardware failure, and upgraded my computer. Unfortunately, I'm now experience BSOD errors with...
  6. Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue

Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue: Dear Community, I used to experience BSOD once a month and I'll just shrug it off. But lately, it's happening more frequently few times a week and twice last night! I have access to the memory dump, can someone please diagnose the problem on my laptop? Thank you!...
  7. BSOD and "No Bootable Device"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD and "No Bootable Device": My computer often shows a BSOD for no known reason, then restarts to a message of "No Bootable Device." I power off and on, then it works again, but then shows the BSOD later and the cylce repeats. DMP file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmON-FvOiZlizp8CjUHRRA2Ke1l?e=hDsdK6...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use

BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use: I have had no problems what so ever with this computer running Win 7 Pro for a very long time (2+ years) and when I moved to Win 10 Pro I get these BSOD Critical_Process_Died crashes while browsing the internet using Fire Fox. After the BSOD it will reboot and I can use again...
  9. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently: Hi, If anyone can help I would really appreciated it, just got this machine and can't really get anything done on it as the keep getting 'critical_process_died' error. It generally happens when streaming or watching media. I have tried the following media players...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684