Windows 10: Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Discus and support Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrieBeeHoney, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Hello,

I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer was old that there was a hardware failure, and upgraded my computer. Unfortunately, I'm now experience BSOD errors with different error codes frequently about twice a week or so. It happens during games, using Google Chrome, or simply opening my computer. Turning off "Immediately Shut Down After Failure" helped initially, but now it's back to doing things the same again, and it seems to happen after every Windows Update, which is beyond frustrating. I've tried a clean boot of Windows, defrag even though its a new computer, using only Windows Defender and not Malwarebytes like I was before, and only having regular Windows programs start at start-up.

Specs are below:

SKU:
    ST-CHRONOS-W-0116

CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz 4.4 GHz Turbo

CPU Cooler:
    Stock Air Cooler

Fans:
    4x Skytech ARGB, Dual Ring Fans

Motherboard:
    B550

RAM:
    16GB DDR4 Gaming Memory 3200 MHz

Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB

Primary Hard Drive:
    1TB NVMe SSD

Power Supply:
    650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified

Networking:
    802.11 ac

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

Monitor: LG - UltraGear 27" IPS LED QHD FreeSync and G-SYNC Compatible Monitor with HDR

I will gladly add event logs if you'd like, just please tell me how to do so and which ones you need, and I will! I can enter the Event Viewer app easily; it's finding how to download event logs that's more challenging for me. I'm computer savvy but not super computer literate!

The only things that are the same from my last computer to this one are: I'm using the same speakers old Logitech ones from 2013 and I have used the Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows, which seems to crash any computer I use and I will be switching to a wired 360 controller to do a comparison test if need be. I've found that having the RGB attached to this computer causes problems, as well as having keyboards with RGB backlights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

BrieBeeHoney, Apr 18, 2021

2. Frequent bluescreens with no apparent reason

Hi Rutger,

In most cases, this error is caused by corrupted system files. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there a stop code displayed when you're experiencing the blue screen error?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about blue screen errors.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Frequent bluescreens with no apparent reason

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your answer!

The BSOD's on boot have not happend for 2 days now for no apparent reason. They just sort of stopped. So the problem didnt show but I am convinced it will pop up again as it has done again and again.

Today I've swapped my RAM from slots 2 and 4 to slots 1 and 3. Not sure if that will make a difference but okay.

I've also swapped my SATA cables that went from my SSD (which I use to boot) to SATA 5 and my HDD to SATA 2 and rerouted them so that my SSD is connected to SATA 1 and my HDD to SATA 2.

1. The Windows memory Diagnostics desktop app checked for problems but didnt find anything.

2. The Driver verifier by ZigZag3143 resulted in a BSOD as soon as I started the PC. It happend a couple of times as intended. I disabled the verifier so I could boot normaly and check which driver was causing the issue.

WhoCrased analysed the Minidumps:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Sun 24-9-2017 14:29:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092417-5656-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFAE85BB9289A8, 0xFFFFF807F77501F0, 0xFFFF918123612028)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .

Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Sun 24-9-2017 14:29:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (0xFFFFF807F77501F0)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFAE85BB9289A8, 0xFFFFF807F77501F0, 0xFFFF918123612028)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .

Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it looks like its driver software for my Logitech G502. I've tried to update it but windows says it's the latest version. I tried to disable it but the option to disable it isn't there in Device
    Manager. What would be the next step?

3. I ran the System file checker tool and these were the results:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As to the other option you suggested; I dont have any external hard drives, dongles or USBs conected to my PC.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Rutger

Rutger Kuiper, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

1. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason - Similar Threads - Experiencing Frequent BSOD

2. Experiencing frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  3. Experiencing frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  4. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  5. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  6. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  7. Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue

Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue: Dear Community, I used to experience BSOD once a month and I'll just shrug it off. But lately, it's happening more frequently few times a week and twice last night! I have access to the memory dump, can someone please diagnose the problem on my laptop? Thank you!...
  8. Frequent BSOD with various reasons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD with various reasons: Hello, I have been getting sporadic BSOD with reasons such as Memory Management or Kernel Security Checks off and on for months. I have tried everything I could find online from updating all my drivers and running the driver verifier to reinstalling windows entirely. As a...
  9. Frequent BSOD with different reasons

Frequent BSOD with different reasons: Lately my computer started to get BSOD every few days. I've uploaded minidumps and system info, and would appreciate your help. https://filetransfer.eu.dentons.com/pickup.php?claimID=pam6SkzP8CWb4c97&claimPasscode=mrpb2RaKyESAQ7PA...
  10. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...