Windows 10: Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue

Discus and support Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, I used to experience BSOD once a month and I'll just shrug it off. But lately, it's happening more frequently few times a week and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WongQiwan, Mar 30, 2021.

1. WongQiwan Win User

Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue

Dear Community,

I used to experience BSOD once a month and I'll just shrug it off. But lately, it's happening more frequently few times a week and twice last night! I have access to the memory dump, can someone please diagnose the problem on my laptop? Thank you!

:)

WongQiwan, Mar 30, 2021

2. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Mar 30, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

4. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Experiencing Frequent BSOD issue - Similar Threads - Experiencing Frequent BSOD

2. I have been frequently experiencing random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been frequently experiencing random BSODs: I have been trying to upgrade my PC recently, and I suspect that it is my memory causing this since after upgrading my RAM by adding two additional sticks of 8 GB RAM with a different clock speed, the BSODs have been much more frequent. I'm asking in this forum so that if...
  3. I have been frequently experiencing random BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been frequently experiencing random BSODs: I have been trying to upgrade my PC recently, and I suspect that it is my memory causing this since after upgrading my RAM by adding two additional sticks of 8 GB RAM with a different clock speed, the BSODs have been much more frequent. I'm asking in this forum so that if...
  4. Experiencing frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  5. Experiencing frequent BSOD

Experiencing frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD with my machine lately. The issue occured randomly without any trigger, each time with a different error code, so I have no clue what's going wrong.The latest BSOD appear with error code watchdog_timeoutHere are the dump...
  6. Frequent BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD issues: Hi all - I've been experiencing ever more frequent BSODs recently, and am trying to figure out why. Things I've checked/tried so far: 1. Windows Updates 2. Driver updates 3. sfc /scannow 4. Memtest5. Individually pulling sticks of RAM and swapping them out. There's a series...
  7. Frequent BSOD issues

Frequent BSOD issues: Hi all - I've been experiencing ever more frequent BSODs recently, and am trying to figure out why. Things I've checked/tried so far: 1. Windows Updates 2. Driver updates 3. sfc /scannow 4. Memtest5. Individually pulling sticks of RAM and swapping them out. There's a series...
  8. Frequent BSOD issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason: Hello, I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer was old that there was a hardware failure, and upgraded my computer. Unfortunately, I'm now experience BSOD errors with...
  10. Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device

Experiencing frequent BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and No bootable device: Like many others reporting BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I've periodically encountered it and a restart makes it go away. A few days ago, I had the crash on every restart. Some restarts result into the error "No bootable devices found" and so I have to restart again. I've...