Windows 10: Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

Discus and support Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukeUnruh, Nov 22, 2022.

1. LukeUnruh Win User

Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox, Chrome will freeze, crash tabs, and crash outright when doing things as simple as watching youtube videos, and videos are full of graphical glitches and dropped frames. Applications like games and Lightroom also crash frequently, and I'm having to write this for the second time because my tab crashed in the middle of writing.I've tried everything I can think of: I've updated all my apps and drivers, updated Windows to 22H2, deleted and reinstalled

:)

LukeUnruh, Nov 22, 2022

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 22, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 22, 2022
  4. JAZ
    Jaz Win User

Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

Graphics glitches and Crashes

Since the BIOS update, I've had no major issues whatsoever. Everything works fine.

But minor issues such as random flickering and that purple outline issue have appeared. These are barely noticeable but I'm worried they might be a sign that there might be issues again in the future.

But since it's been confirmed that the BIOS update fixed the major issues such as everything crashing and all of the random glitches, it's most likely still a software issue.

Yes, it's still possible that it's a hardware issue, but I doubt it now.

And the 9500 GT's confirmed to work fine with Windows 8. It's on Nvidia's Windows 8 compatibility list.

I agree with MailMan. I've researched a lot of possible issues just in case, and a lot of issues are caused by software. If you work in tech support, I doubt you find that the majority of issues are caused by hardware as most users have pre-built PCs. Just my two cents.

Thema:

1. Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Experiencing frequent crashes

2. Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11: I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox, Chrome will freeze, crash tabs, and crash outright when doing things as simple as watching youtube videos, and videos are full of...
  3. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  4. Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot: Okay so as of recently my computer has been going through a lot of different issues which have seemingly come out of nowhere as I've done a multitude of checks on my system such as: 'sfc /scannow' and fixed a few overlapping system files which seemed to fix nothing; totally...
  5. Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot: Okay so as of recently my computer has been going through a lot of different issues which have seemingly come out of nowhere as I've done a multitude of checks on my system such as: 'sfc /scannow' and fixed a few overlapping system files which seemed to fix nothing; totally...
  6. Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is Security Experiencing Glitches?: The last two days Microsoft is prompting me for my password and pin while I am logged in. Yesterday I was prompted ten times. I reset my password and then it would not recognize new password which has me locked out now. It is acting as if it is glitching, it began after the...
  7. Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Security Experiencing Glitches?: The last two days Microsoft is prompting me for my password and pin while I am logged in. Yesterday I was prompted ten times. I reset my password and then it would not recognize new password which has me locked out now. It is acting as if it is glitching, it began after the...
  8. Windows 10 freezing frequently after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezing frequently after update: I updated my laptop a week ago, and ever since it's been freezing often, after I updated it freezed once, and then the following day it freezed again, and today it froze 2 times in 4 hours. Is it the disk? I've been getting 100% disk usage so that's currently what I think the...
  9. Experiencing frequent inexplicable stop code crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing frequent inexplicable stop code crashes: Hello, Fairly recently over the past two weeks my system repeatedly crashes and I receive multiple stop code error types such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT being ones I saw in sequence just this morning. I have not installed any new programs, do not have...
  10. Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes: My graphics driver crashes very often, followed by a message saying that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered. This never happened before upgrading to Windows 10. It happens most often when I'm playing Hearthstone, but also occasionally elsewhere. Today my computer...