Windows 10: Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

Discus and support Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukeUnruh, Nov 22, 2022.

1. LukeUnruh Win User

Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox, Chrome will freeze, crash tabs, and crash outright when doing things as simple as watching youtube videos, and videos are full of graphical glitches and dropped frames. Applications like games and Lightroom also crash frequently, and I'm having to write this for the second time because my tab crashed in the middle of writing.I've tried everything I can think of: I've updated all my apps and drivers, updated Windows to 22H2, deleted and reinstalled

:)

LukeUnruh, Nov 22, 2022

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 22, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 22, 2022
  4. JAZ
    Jaz Win User

Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

Graphics glitches and Crashes

Since the BIOS update, I've had no major issues whatsoever. Everything works fine.

But minor issues such as random flickering and that purple outline issue have appeared. These are barely noticeable but I'm worried they might be a sign that there might be issues again in the future.

But since it's been confirmed that the BIOS update fixed the major issues such as everything crashing and all of the random glitches, it's most likely still a software issue.

Yes, it's still possible that it's a hardware issue, but I doubt it now.

And the 9500 GT's confirmed to work fine with Windows 8. It's on Nvidia's Windows 8 compatibility list.

I agree with MailMan. I've researched a lot of possible issues just in case, and a lot of issues are caused by software. If you work in tech support, I doubt you find that the majority of issues are caused by hardware as most users have pre-built PCs. Just my two cents.

Thema:

1. Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Experiencing frequent crashes

2. Graphic glitch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic glitch in windows 11: Hello!I've been using Windows 10 for a long time and it's always worked fine for me, I don't have any serious problems with it. However, I've already tried Windows 11 a few times and I always have the same problem, even trying to install in different ways.In Windows 11, when...
  3. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  4. Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update

Graphics and resolution glitch after Windows 11 update: Shortly after updating, I noticed a problem with my pc. I was downloading a game while watching YouTube and the YouTube video quality was really bad, which I assumed was just an issue with the internet since I was downloading something. Except the internet browser was not the...
  5. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing Frequent System Crashes: For the past ~2 weeks I have been experiencing increasingly frequent system crashes. According to the event viewer and WinDbg reports, the crashes are resulting from prolonged runtimes at IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. I have been attempting to identify which drivers isare...
  6. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

Experiencing Frequent System Crashes: For the past ~2 weeks I have been experiencing increasingly frequent system crashes. According to the event viewer and WinDbg reports, the crashes are resulting from prolonged runtimes at IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. I have been attempting to identify which drivers isare...
  7. Experiencing Frequent System Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  9. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  10. Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11

Experiencing frequent crashes, freezing, and graphical glitches after updating to Windows 11: I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2 after experiencing some audio issues with Windows 10, and I've had nonstop issues since. My brwsers Firefox, Chrome will freeze, crash tabs, and crash outright when doing things as simple as watching youtube videos, and videos are full of...