Windows 10: Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...

Discus and support Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well I remember I was playing just fine Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, there were No ping spikes, the ping was always around 100-120 and there wasnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PontiacGTX1, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...

Well I remember I was playing just fine Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, there were No ping spikes, the ping was always around 100-120 and there wasnt lag, I remember I needed to install some application(I believe also updated MSVS) but after the installation of Visual C++ 2012 OR update KB4483232 the game had an increased ping from no where, I thought It would be the driver,the game or perhaps my internet connection then decided to try Titanfall 2 and and after installing the driver again, the game also has a lag spike, So I decided to do a system restore, I will see if it changed anything but the problem is that it restored to the date I installed the Visual C++ 2012 package.

A note I had disabled the automatic updates and I do the updates manually probably skipped some of them but I didnt have a problem until 4-6days ago

Do you have some advice I could try to find out why the connection has lag? some program to monitor the background?

Thanks

:)

PontiacGTX1, Jan 6, 2019

2. Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 doesn't install

Hi,

To make sure that you get the best answer to your concern, you may refer to these thread links from the Microsoft Developer Network forum:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Rubidad Win User
    Windows Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 issues/problems

Frequently, since before 2/10/2016, my windows update history lists the following as being successfully installed--Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) for over 40 times!!!

I do not automatically install updates, as I check at least daily and do so manually, For the last week or so it lists a Windows Defender definition and the Visual C update as available. Then when I update, it seems to install the SAME Visual C update (as
    listed in the Update History), but not the Defender Definitions, as they are not listed.

I have had to update the Windows Defender definitions from the Defender program itself, not Windows Update.

Anyone else seeing this? What's going on? Is there anyway to break the cycle?

Rubidad, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...

Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package is corrupt and not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Are you getting facing any issues while running other programs?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about the update for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012.

Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package :

Refer to the section: Known issues in this update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...

1. Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012... - Similar Threads - Experiencing ping spikes

2. netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes: HiI have now officially tried everything, however after rebooting or connecting to a vpn and disconnecting my ping -t results are as follows:Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=116 <= spikeReply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=116Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32...
  3. netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netsh autoconfig causes ping and lag spikes: HiI have now officially tried everything, however after rebooting or connecting to a vpn and disconnecting my ping -t results are as follows:Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=116 <= spikeReply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=116Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32...
  4. I installed: Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I installed: Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4: I just installed Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 to my PC running Windows 10. It dumped the following files & folders into my Local Disk C folder. Can any of these files or folders be safely deleted without effecting Visual C++ Redistributable For...
  5. I installed: Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed: Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4: I just installed Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 to my PC running Windows 10. It dumped the following files & folders into my Local Disk C folder. Can any of these files or folders be safely deleted without effecting Visual C++ Redistributable For...
  6. I installed: Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lag/Ping Spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag/Ping Spikes.: I have an Omen HP which is a rather good gaming PC as well as very good internet, however, every 30 seconds to a minute my game freezes completely Ping jumps to around 2K and it takes around 3-5 seconds to unfreeze. This as anyone who plays games on a daily basis can tell it...
  8. Microsoft Visual c++ 2012 Redistributable 2012 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual c++ 2012 Redistributable 2012 fails to install: I am trying to install this redistributale (2012) and it fails to install. I need this because many games require this and they do not run properly or just fail to install as I am missing this. I have all of the other Redistibutales and this is the only one i have a problem...
  9. Game lag suddently after installing Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag suddently after installing Windows update: Well I remember I was playing just fine Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, there were No ping spikes, the ping was always around 100-120 and there wasnt lag, I remember I needed to install some application(I believe also updated MSVS) but after the installation of Visual C++...
  10. Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+: I installed win 10 and ever since then have experienced like spikes like crazy, making games unplayable due to massive rubberbanding. Is anyone experiencing this and how can i fix this? 11966