Windows 10: Experiencing reboot loop, BSOD, cannot identify the cause.

Discus and support Experiencing reboot loop, BSOD, cannot identify the cause. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i am having an issue with my PC and after doing many google searches my self I am at a loss, i cannot figure out the issue. I have several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tue E, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Tue E Win User

Experiencing reboot loop, BSOD, cannot identify the cause.

Hello, i am having an issue with my PC and after doing many google searches my self I am at a loss, i cannot figure out the issue.

I have several problems, they are:

- When i boot the PC, it appears windows boots twice before going to the login screen

- Once i am logged on, the pc will start to experience display drivers failing the screen turns black, then turns back on. If i am runnig a game i will receive error messages from that game, that the driver has stopped working. The display driver will continue to crash and restart, with around 10-20 seconds intervals, after several of theese the PC will automaticly reboot.

- After reboot, the problem usually occours again after logging in again, then i get BSOD.

- After simply chosing to reboot the systme from BSOD, the next time i login the PC runs perfectly fine, i can use the machine normally for an entire day with no issue.

- Problem occours again once i shutdown or reboot, or wake from sleep.

I have tried updating the display drivers, updating the BIOS, and have not seen anything help.

I have for a long time experienced the display turning black and back on, this was fixed by simply shutting down the monitor and turning it back on. After i updated to windows 10 2004 these other problems seem to have started to occur, but not sure if it is related.

Hope anyone can help me out.

Link to zip file of minidump file

:)

Tue E, Sep 16, 2020

2. Identifying driver causing BSOD

My laptop suddenly went into BSOD with the error IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried using a bsod viewer to identify the driver but it just states ntoskrnl.exe. I have the dump files available, will it be helpful in identifying the driver that is causing this
    issue?

SilentstormSP, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Experiencing reboot loop, BSOD, cannot identify the cause. - Similar Threads - Experiencing reboot loop

2. installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop: For something in my education I have to install wsl in order to use linux on my windows system. I tried to install it in PowerShell using following command:wsl --installSo far so good, no error message and powershell tells me to reboot the sytem.But when I reboot the system I...
  3. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD: HelloI've been having this BSOD issue for 3 weeks now and still can't figure out what's causing it.I already bought brand new RAM for this cuz I thought it was the RAM after testing some of my parts using my friend's PC.I attached the latest BSOD log, I'm not sure how to...
  4. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD: HelloI've been having this BSOD issue for 3 weeks now and still can't figure out what's causing it.I already bought brand new RAM for this cuz I thought it was the RAM after testing some of my parts using my friend's PC.I attached the latest BSOD log, I'm not sure how to...
  5. Identifying the cause of BSOD and dmp files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying the cause of BSOD and dmp files.: I have been getting the BSOD on my PC every 15~20 minutes and wanted to see if the dmp files could help identify what is causing it.Here is the link to the dmp files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlzMBUnTtl9JjE9BM0vPB5ztnUYQ?e=NAhnA1Thank you in advance, I have a suspect feeling that...
  6. BSOD cannot identify cause

BSOD cannot identify cause: Hi, for about a month I have been having frequent BSOD on my Windows 10 PC. I have updated all my drivers, ensured there are no viruses on my computer, and run windows diagnostics. I suspect it might be one of my usb devices but I can't identify what it is.These are the error...
  7. bsod, cant identify whats causing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bsod, cant identify whats causing it: mini dump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2gUp9VATsDg3u66UZYYNJXGQ85?e=PKhtIm (few of them are from when I ran driver verifier) I recently changed my pcs motherboard PSU and ram and since then these errors have been happening, from what i found out online, these errors are...
  8. bsod, cant identify whats causing it

bsod, cant identify whats causing it: mini dump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2gUp9VATsDg3u66UZYYNJXGQ85?e=PKhtIm few of them are from when I ran driver verifier I recently changed my pcs motherboard PSU and ram and since then these errors have been happening, from what i found out online, these errors are...
  9. Identifying driver causing BSOD

Identifying driver causing BSOD: My laptop suddenly went into BSOD with the error IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried using a bsod viewer to identify the driver but it just states ntoskrnl.exe. I have the dump files available, will it be helpful in identifying the driver that is causing this issue?...
  10. BSOD, cannot identify cause(s)

BSOD, cannot identify cause(s): I’ve been struggling with multiple BSOD crashes with my HP laptop, but I cannot identify the cause. I do not know how to decipher the stop code because it looks like an actual barcode. Pls assistance would be much appreciated 134025