Windows 10: Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 (Keeping everything that I already had) recently and I've already experienced some problems. For example my HDD is always on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Turq0isePH, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 (Keeping everything that I already had) recently and I've already experienced some problems. For example my HDD is always on 100% even though I am not doing anything but if I open Google Chrome and wait for a couple of minutes it comes down to like 1%. Screen Tearing on some games like Clone Hero but when I play Valorant there are no Screen Tearing. I hope someone can help me.

submitted by /u/Turq0isePH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Turq0isePH, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Experiencing some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Experiencing problems upgrading

2. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 and ran into a problem...: Trying to update this old laptop, pavilion g6, and right as it’s about to finish upgrading it crashes with this pop up box... Modern Setup Host has stopped working. How can I update to 10?!? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments]...
  3. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  4. Problem Upgrading From Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Upgrading From Windows 7: Well i have this laptop with windows 7. I downloaded Media Creation Tool. Followed the procedure to upgrade to windows 10 without keeping anything(Folders, Programs etc). In the middle of the process and after the laptop restarts 2 times i get a black screen. I shut it off. I...
  5. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 to new problems: when i upgraded to windows 10 couple days after i was noticed chrome would randomly get slow i was on youtube videos wouldn't load i could google stuff it was slow but worked tried troubleshoot nothing edge still seems to work loads up youtube fine then i noticed everything...
  6. Problems with Windows Activation after upgrading from Win 7 to Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with Windows Activation after upgrading from Win 7 to Windows 10 PRO: 1. This is a domain computer 2. Installed the upgrade from a download from Microsoft Open License site. 3. I logged in as Domain admin and tried to Activate Windows. 4. Tried to use the Trouble Shoot option and it never completed or even popped up an error. 5. Domain...
  7. Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I performed the upgrade from 7 to 10 on my laptop with no issues. However the upgrade on my desktop didn't go well. Home built computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel I5-2500 processor, 16GB ram, 64bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 graphics card, 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  8. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  9. problem playing DVDs after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem playing DVDs after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I cant play my DVDs .Looks like I have no Media player anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-playing-dvds-after-upgrading-from-windows/2f6c63ba-5e36-43f2-8d38-569940d27f9a
  10. Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with upgradation to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Please Help! I have license for Windows 7(32 Bit),but I have unofficially upgraded to 64bit ( means pirated ) by formatting the hard disk. Is there anyway so that I get Windows 10 update 8485