Windows 10: Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error

Discus and support Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi All, ill keep this short. Have an old windows 7 PC. That every few minutes brings up a RUNDLL error box that says that a particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alirz, Jan 31, 2020.

1. /u/alirz Win User

Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error

Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error dDYuOnFKBjKQdmyYExrUVEU7XQ4BO6xTSa_CBkSSb9I.jpg

Hi All,

ill keep this short.

Have an old windows 7 PC. That every few minutes brings up a RUNDLL error box that says that a particular .tmp file is missin. This has been going on for a year. i click ok, it goes away for 10-15 min and then comes back. i even tried manually creating that .tmp file but no luck. Note, the name of the missing tmp file always the same.

Today im changing my PC to a newer hardware. I took the drive windows 7 from the old pc, into the new one, upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 and the error continues to pop up in windows.

I have now gone ahead and removed ALL my apps, addons etc from the add/remove programs. searched in the windows registry for that file, nothing is found

the only apps left installed are stock windows 10 related stuff. Error still comes up

Started windows in selective startup mode with only minimum stuff running from windows. error still comes up.

restart windows in safe mode and it looks ok. No error popup!!!!

i have tried using process monitor apps to determine what is trying to load that is causing this error to come up but no luck. the process gives no detail

im trying to not have to do a clean windows 10 install as becuase then ill have a hard getting all my business apps, drivers etc back in the system.

is there anyway i can find out the cause of this error

https://preview.redd.it/m4ahzo3s35e...bp&s=4aae68ae84f9e3389b7648318c23f46a84480d0f

submitted by /u/alirz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alirz, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Skipperds Win User

RunDLL error

Upgraded successfully from Windows 8.1 to 10. After a while, I started getting on startup a RunDLL error in "C\users\me\appdata\roaming\9c7.tmp

Missing entry: rodVVkbXFDm90KLZWLYmt"

The error doesn't seem to affect the functioning of the system, but is worrisome. What can be done to repair this?

Skipperds, Jan 31, 2020
  3. jeffrys Win User
    Rundll missing

hey guys,

All of a sudden i miss a DLL.

Anyone knowing what this is all about.

Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error [​IMG]

Closing it and everything works (so it seems), just curious.

Thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error

RunDLL (Please Help!)

Hi,

About your issue regarding RunDll and about the pop error that you are getting. We suggest you to run a

System File Checker
    . It is actually a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted filed.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error

1. Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error - Similar Threads - Expert needed Help

2. Printer Trouble Expert help needed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Trouble Expert help needed.: My Small Company currently has 7 Lenovo Laptops Windows Pro Feature Version 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 that won't send Printer Jobs to the Printer from the Print Spooler. The Print Jobs just sit there until it Errors out. The WiFi Adapter and Ethernet port uses Either Intel or...
  3. Printer Trouble Expert help needed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Trouble Expert help needed.: My Small Company currently has 7 Lenovo Laptops Windows Pro Feature Version 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 that won't send Printer Jobs to the Printer from the Print Spooler. The Print Jobs just sit there until it Errors out. The WiFi Adapter and Ethernet port uses Either Intel or...
  4. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder: Greetings!I installed Malwarebytes a couple days ago, and it recently start to notify me that the "system_update.exe" in my tmp folder was a trojan. I didn't think anything of it and deleted the file. Everything was normal until I restarted my PC only to be treated by the...
  5. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder: Greetings!I installed Malwarebytes a couple days ago, and it recently start to notify me that the "system_update.exe" in my tmp folder was a trojan. I didn't think anything of it and deleted the file. Everything was normal until I restarted my PC only to be treated by the...
  6. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder

7. Help fix a RunDll error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help fix a RunDll error.: This shows up every time I open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-fix-a-rundll-error/a196d7d5-4604-449c-bc71-a5d2765ec644
  8. Help fix a RunDll error.

Help fix a RunDll error.: This shows up every time I open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-fix-a-rundll-error/a196d7d5-4604-449c-bc71-a5d2765ec644
  9. Windows expert help needed :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows expert help needed :(: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ddwla4lupjs51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=385b88baaf02e951584f44cf3ebd1f9a6155762e I recently bought xbox game pass for a month because it was very cheap for the first month. Installed forza 7 and it's fine. Then started...
  10. Rundll missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll missing: hey guys, All of a sudden i miss a DLL. Anyone knowing what this is all about. [img] Closing it and everything works (so it seems), just curious. Thanks Jeff 37962