Windows 10: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

Discus and support Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bernard Ferland, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted

:)

Bernard Ferland, Feb 25, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

MSERT

Hi Sam,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Where did you see an indication that MSERT found infected files, was that while the scan was running, and at the end of the scan did it indicate it found malware or did it indicate nothing was found?

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MSERT reruns keep showing infected files

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

MSERT is very different from other anti-virus software, when it is scanning, it marks files that may contain malware, then at the end of the scan, those files are compared to the malware database and removed from the list if they are clean, and if that indicates no problem at the end of the scan, rest assured your PC is free from malware, there is nothing further you need to do..

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2024
  4. mayhd Win User

Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

MSERT reruns keep showing infected files

Hello!

I ran MSERT the first time and it showed 7 infected files, but at the end only one was listed as removed (VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore).

I ran the MSERT twice after that (restarted my laptop after every run) and infected files number went up to 11 but it said no virus or spyware was detected. How could the infected file number increase but nothing is removed or quarantined? is there another method to scan for malware? I also turned on the Virus Threat Protection in my account and have a Virus Protection software that never detected the malware prior to the MSERT scan. how can i make sure my system is cleaned from malware?

thanks!

mayhd, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

1. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed... - Similar Threads - Explain why MSERT

2. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  3. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  4. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  5. MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware

MSERT scanned 23 files infected, viruses/malware: So recently i was copying a file from my laptop to a usb flash drive, unfortunately there are virus in it, i've 'cleaned' it with smadav but im not really sure if it works, a few days later i notice my laptop has been slowed a bit when booting, and i also got a notification...
  6. MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...: I don't know what happened those 7 infected files. This is not so new for me, every time usually it has been the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-during-scanning-showed-7-infected-files-but/3da3a8f4-41d6-4322-9d7a-e37ad7519c4d
  7. MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...

MSERT during scanning showed 7 infected files, but at the end no any report about those...: I don't know what happened those 7 infected files. This is not so new for me, every time usually it has been the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msert-during-scanning-showed-7-infected-files-but/3da3a8f4-41d6-4322-9d7a-e37ad7519c4d
  8. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  9. Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...: I ran the latest version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found 45 infected files, but on completion indicates that no mitigation was necessary. I've run this twice with version 1.333.533.0 & 1.333.538.0 with the same outcomes. What does that mean? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors

MSERT not indicating the actual files that were detected as backdoors: I commonly run MSERT every week as additional virus checking on my various computers. This week it detected two backdoors: PHP/Dirtelti.MTF and PHP/Dirtelti:MTG. The explanations I've found for these is vague at best. There's no indication with the tool which files were...