Windows 10: Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

Discus and support Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How does the 'sync Microsoft passwords' actually work with your PC, iPad, iPhone??? What is the advantage and specifically, what happens if you select... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenBeck2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

How does the 'sync Microsoft passwords' actually work with your PC, iPad, iPhone??? What is the advantage and specifically, what happens if you select that in your settings?? Thanks

:)

KarenBeck2, Sep 6, 2018

2. Sync Password on Lumia Device

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you.

I suggest you to log-in to the system using the same Microsoft account and try the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Sync your settings on the left pane, turn on all the sync option and verify your account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

Kari, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

1. Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function? - Similar Threads - Explanation 'sync Microsoft

2. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files: I noticed that my PC has been running slower lately and decided to do several security scans with the available Microsoft tools. Through the Virus and Threat Protection on the Windows Security it found this virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.After having the script stated above...
  3. Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: According to the book it says: By using the Microsoft Account to login windows to your user account it will sync the WIFI password, background, App settings, and Ease of Acess settings. So, I tested out and works:...
  4. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  5. Password not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password not syncing: Is there a way for me to make my computer password sync? Its saying my password is wrong when I try to log in the computer but when I try to log in via web there is no issues and the same pass works just fine but not on my PC If this makes sence...
  6. password out of sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password out of sync: I kept getting a Microsoft message that my password was out of sync and to update my password. I updated it but IT WAS MY GOOGLE PASSWORD THAT WAS CHANGED! WTH! WHY does a Microsoft message change my Google password! Now I have a google password I DONT WANT, AND I CANT...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  8. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  9. Password Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Sync: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  10. Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password: After reviewing many questions about this issue, back to 2015, it appears that Microsoft has not been able to resolve this problem. What can your loyal followers expect over the coming weeks/months in terms of fixing this heinous issue. 3+ years after first reports, this...