Windows 10: Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

Discus and support Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How does the 'sync Microsoft passwords' actually work with your PC, iPad, iPhone??? What is the advantage and specifically, what happens if you select... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenBeck2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. KarenBeck2 Win User

Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function?

How does the 'sync Microsoft passwords' actually work with your PC, iPad, iPhone??? What is the advantage and specifically, what happens if you select that in your settings?? Thanks

:)

KarenBeck2, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Billion Debbarma Win User

Sync Password on Lumia Device

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you.

I suggest you to log-in to the system using the same Microsoft account and try the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Sync your settings on the left pane, turn on all the sync option and verify your account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial). When signing in with a Microsoft account, you can then enable sync in settings (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

Kari, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Justin Sor Win User

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Explanation of 'sync Microsoft password' function? - Similar Threads - Explanation 'sync Microsoft

2. Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft password: Need to find my Microsoft password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-password/7c1341fd-bc67-47fe-affc-b43928c5eddb
  3. Error code explanation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error code explanation: What is "Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-explanation/13866c29-3f92-496e-b902-bdff0537a298
  4. OneNote is asking for password to sync?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote is asking for password to sync?: "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook. Click here to enter your password" This a new one for me, NO I do not want to sync this notebook, I want to keep it on this machine only. How do I get rid of this annoying message? Tx 119455
  5. Microsoft Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Password: How do i bypass a microsoft account password locked computer, The pc password is entered and the device is saying that it needs to also enter the last password entered on the device....
  6. Passwords have stopped syncing

Passwords have stopped syncing: I noticed, I think a couple of months ago, that my passwords stopped syncing, and I just haven't had time to deal with it. Now I'm setting up a new Surface PC, and I would really like to get them working again. All settings are set to sync in Windows, and I have Favorites,...
  7. Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password

Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password: After reviewing many questions about this issue, back to 2015, it appears that Microsoft has not been able to resolve this problem. What can your loyal followers expect over the coming weeks/months in terms of fixing this heinous issue. 3+ years after first reports, this...
  8. Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials

Bitlocker password sync with domain credentials: We have enabled windows bit-locker in our environment. Currently, we are using two separate password to login (bit-locker pre-boot and domain login password). Is it possible to sync the Bit-Locker password as the same as our domain user logon account password? If not...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...