Windows 10: Explicit keyboard problem

Discus and support Explicit keyboard problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i'm having some issues on my laptop and i hope you could provide me with some solutions. So the problem is, not more than a month ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MedGuemmi, Oct 18, 2021.

1. MedGuemmi Win User

Explicit keyboard problem

Hello everyone, i'm having some issues on my laptop and i hope you could provide me with some solutions. So the problem is, not more than a month ago, 4 keys on my keyboard started to malfunction, which are: "'apostrophe/4", R, F, and V. PS. I am using On Screen keyboard to type those letters Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't, unlike other keys that are working properly, I've found three components in my device manager that have error code 28 meaning there isn't a compatible driver for these components, speaking of which, they're : 1. PCI Device 2. PCI Simple Communications C

:)

MedGuemmi, Oct 18, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Oct 18, 2021
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

1. Explicit keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Explicit keyboard problem

2. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  3. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  4. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  5. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  6. Explicit keyboard problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explicit keyboard problem: Hello everyone, i'm having some issues on my laptop and i hope you could provide me with some solutions. So the problem is, not more than a month ago, 4 keys on my keyboard started to malfunction, which are: "'apostrophe/4", R, F, and V. PS. I am using On Screen keyboard to...
  7. Explicit keyboard problem

Explicit keyboard problem: Hello everyone, i'm having some issues on my laptop and i hope you could provide me with some solutions. So the problem is, not more than a month ago, 4 keys on my keyboard started to malfunction, which are: "'apostrophe/4", R, F, and V. PS. I am using On Screen keyboard to...
  8. How to avoid explicit signs of BITLOCKER encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to avoid explicit signs of BITLOCKER encryption: Please only replies from people who have at least some knowledge of the topic. Is there any solution to create a Windows 10 Bitlocker encrypted installation and to remove as many indicators as possible that indicate the system is actually Bitlocker encrypted? This would be...
  9. Install failing, but not explicitly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install failing, but not explicitly: I have been trying to install Windows 10 on a second drive for about two days. My main OS at this time is Manjaro Linux, but I want to play some of my games with high performance on windows. I have a spare hard drive I was planning to install it on, but for some reason it...
  10. Keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard problem: Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop with windows 10. My F1-F12 keys to change screen brightness, change volume, skip and play songs, etc . are no longer working. I saw an answer back in 2013 I tried it and it didn't work. Help would be much appreciated....