Windows 10: Exploit attack - 61003

Discus and support Exploit attack - 61003 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Word 2010. Norton has detected and blocked an exploit attack - 61003 - and continues to shut down Word. I cannot access any documents. Do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ship201, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ship201 Win User

Exploit attack - 61003

I have Word 2010. Norton has detected and blocked an exploit attack - 61003 - and continues to shut down Word. I cannot access any documents. Do not want to turn off Norton for fear of damage. Any help appreciated by this digital novice.

:)

Ship201, Sep 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Sep 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

DaveM121, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Exploit attack - 61003

How Windows was exploited in 2014

Read more:

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Exploit attack - 61003

1. Exploit attack - 61003 - Similar Threads - Exploit attack 61003

2. Does Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard Attack Surface Reduction Rules ASR still function...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard Attack Surface Reduction Rules ASR still function...: Or is it redundant? If not, it would be nice if this was an option to ensure enhanced security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-microsoft-defender-exploit-guard-attack/816b13d2-5f7b-4c9a-9065-d95f4acbb1aa
  3. NTFS Exploit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Exploit: Hello! The harmful exploit that corrupts NTFS is the $i30.Harmful path that you may not follow:"C:\:$i30:$bitmap". DON'T USE THIS PATH!Not an Easter Egg NaEENTFS disk corruption bug cd C:\:$i30:$bitmаp - YouTubeAfter using this path, the NTFS will be corrupt...
  4. NTFS Exploit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS Exploit: Hello! The harmful exploit that corrupts NTFS is the $i30.Harmful path that you may not follow:"C:\:$i30:$bitmap". DON'T USE THIS PATH!Not an Easter Egg NaEENTFS disk corruption bug cd C:\:$i30:$bitmаp - YouTube...
  5. NTFS Exploit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS Exploit: Hello! The harmful exploit that corrupts NTFS is the $i30.Harmful path that you may not follow:"C:\:$i30:$bitmap". DON'T USE THIS PATH!Not an Easter Egg NaEENTFS disk corruption bug cd C:\:$i30:$bitmаp - YouTube...
  6. Attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attack: I NEED TO SHUT DOWN MY SCHOOL SERVER. HELP? contact me for I.p address and details lets make it happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/attack/982fa328-11d5-4f29-ab80-a7caccd52143
  7. Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472)

in Windows 10 News
    Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472): MSRC / By Aanchal Gupta / October 29, 2020 / Active Directory, EOP, Patch, Standard), vulnerability, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 all editions, Windows Server version 1809...
  8. New exploit lets attackers take control of Windows IoT Core devices

in Windows 10 News
    New exploit lets attackers take control of Windows IoT Core devices: Speaking at a conference today, a security researcher has revealed a new exploit impacting the Windows IoT Core operating system that gives threat actors full control over vulnerable devices. The vulnerability, discovered by Dor Azouri, a security researcher for SafeBreach,...
  9. Attackers can turn Microsoft exploit defense tool EMET against itself

in Windows 10 News
    Attackers can turn Microsoft exploit defense tool EMET against itself: Hackers can easily disable the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free tool used by companies to strengthen their Windows computers and applications against publicly known and unknown software exploits. Researchers from security vendor FireEye have...
  10. Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack: Anti-exploit programs provide an additional layer of security by blocking the techniques attackers use. These solutions can protect you against Flash exploits and browser vulnerabilities, even new ones that haven’t been seen before or patched yet. Windows users should...