Windows 10: Exploit attack - 61003

Discus and support Exploit attack - 61003 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Word 2010. Norton has detected and blocked an exploit attack - 61003 - and continues to shut down Word. I cannot access any documents. Do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ship201, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:37 PM.

1. Ship201 Win User

Exploit attack - 61003

I have Word 2010. Norton has detected and blocked an exploit attack - 61003 - and continues to shut down Word. I cannot access any documents. Do not want to turn off Norton for fear of damage. Any help appreciated by this digital novice.

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

4. Brink Win User

Exploit attack - 61003

How Windows was exploited in 2014

Read more:

Thema:

Exploit attack - 61003

1. Exploit attack - 61003 - Similar Threads - Exploit attack 61003

2. CYBER ATTACK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CYBER ATTACK: Hi. We are a Windows 7 user. Today I was attacked by a cyber attack and my computer was hacked. And all my files have the LEZP extension. Please help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cyber-attack/40a0a6e2-6ec2-4e0e-9acd-10a73a352757
  3. Virus ATTACK

Virus ATTACK: ATTACK???? what should I do??? @McAfee_Help caught it and quarantined it BUT...…. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-attack/9f6a5402-2b4e-47d4-8b42-bc2066c90ed6
  4. Malware attack

Malware attack: I had turned off windows defender. I was attacked by malware on my desktop computer. It has an .seto extension name. I had formatted my compter but no change. Windows defender is not turning on also. my all files became unusable. How can i recover my files....
  5. New exploit lets attackers take control of Windows IoT Core devices

in Windows 10 News
    New exploit lets attackers take control of Windows IoT Core devices: Speaking at a conference today, a security researcher has revealed a new exploit impacting the Windows IoT Core operating system that gives threat actors full control over vulnerable devices. The vulnerability, discovered by Dor Azouri, a security researcher for SafeBreach,...
  6. Phishing attacks

Phishing attacks: Since purchasing a new Windows 10 / Edge PC less than a month ago, it has undergone two phishing / malware attacks. The perpetrators would like you to think that their messages are Microsoft generated (I have screenshots if anyone is interested). Note that both Windows...
  7. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit: At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit...
  8. SMB exploitable by malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB exploitable by malware?: I have some backup software that takes backups to a non-mapped NAS share. While a backup is running the cmdlet Get-SmbConnection shows Code: ServerName ShareName UserName Credential Dialect NumOpens ---------- --------- -------- ---------- ------- -------- MYBOOKLIVE...
  9. Attackers can turn Microsoft exploit defense tool EMET against itself

in Windows 10 News
    Attackers can turn Microsoft exploit defense tool EMET against itself: Hackers can easily disable the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free tool used by companies to strengthen their Windows computers and applications against publicly known and unknown software exploits. Researchers from security vendor FireEye have...
  10. Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack: Anti-exploit programs provide an additional layer of security by blocking the techniques attackers use. These solutions can protect you against Flash exploits and browser vulnerabilities, even new ones that haven’t been seen before or patched yet. Windows users should...