Windows 10: Exploit protection settings

Discus and support Exploit protection settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1. I do not understand the "System settings" options under EXPLOIT PROTECTION in Windows Defender set up section. What does "Use default on vs.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bago17, Feb 6, 2020.

1. bago17 Win User

Exploit protection settings

1. I do not understand the "System settings" options under EXPLOIT PROTECTION in Windows Defender set up section.

What does "Use default on vs. "On by default mean?

What is the safest?

2, What is SEHOP?

What is "heap integrity"

What is "High-entropy ASLR ??????????????

I don't know what this is so I don't know how to set it up.

:)

bago17, Feb 6, 2020

2. Exploit Protection Settings

The Exploit Protection settings are preconfigured; and home users should generally just leave them alone:

The Use default configuration for each of the mitigation settings indicates our recommendation for a base level of protection for everyday usage for home users. Enterprise deployments should consider the protection required for
    their individual needs and may need to modify configuration away from the defaults.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...er-exploit-guard/customize-exploit-protection

Apply mitigations to help prevent attacks through vulnerabilities - Windows security

The preconfigured applications have been optimized by Microsoft – and adding customizations for other apps requires both a rationale and an understanding of the potential consequences, since haphazardly changing the default settings for an app can
    easily render it dysfunctional.

It’s ironic that these application mitigations are exposed in the Windows Defender Security Center interface, while the safe and simple Windows Defender configuration options are only available via the PowerShell Set-MpPreference command line:

Set-MpPreference (defender)

The Set-MpPreference cmdlet now also includes the parameters for Attack Surface Reduction and Block at First Sight:

Windows Defender Detection rate

GreginMich, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Exploit Protection Settings

Open Windows Defender Security Center and click on
    App & browser control
    and there find Exploit protection settings
    and you could change settings for Exploit protection from there.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Exploit protection settings

Exploit Protection Settings

How or where can I find a clear explanation/description of the correct at least what the default settings are for my Windows Defender Exploit Protection. I do not know enough to know what is wrong but something is not right. If I had a guide/roadmap
    of how the settings should be correctly configured for protecting my home computer it would be a great help.

TragicallyMisunderstood, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Exploit protection settings

1. Exploit protection settings - Similar Threads - Exploit protection settings

2. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exploit protection settings and smartscreen off: Hello,Today i checked my windows security and it said that almost every expoit protection setting was off, while i did not turn them off. It also says that smartscreeen is disabled and i cant turn it back on and it says that its managed by my administrator.Does anyone know...
  3. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exploit protection settings and smartscreen off: Hello,Today i checked my windows security and it said that almost every expoit protection setting was off, while i did not turn them off. It also says that smartscreeen is disabled and i cant turn it back on and it says that its managed by my administrator.Does anyone know...
  4. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Many items in Program settings in Exploit protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many items in Program settings in Exploit protection: Hello,In Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection>Program settings there is a long list of exe files in there that I did not put there myself.A few examples are:excelcnv.exeExTExport.exegraph.exeie4uinit.exemshta.exemsoasb.exengen.exePlus many more.I can elaborate on...
  6. Many items in Program settings in Exploit protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many items in Program settings in Exploit protection: Hello,In Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection>Program settings there is a long list of exe files in there that I did not put there myself.A few examples are:excelcnv.exeExTExport.exegraph.exeie4uinit.exemshta.exemsoasb.exengen.exePlus many more.I can elaborate on...
  7. Exploit Protect/System Settings

Exploit Protect/System Settings: Hey there!I just have a simple question to ask, nothing too technical.I was just wondering for the sake of knowledge and education,what is the difference between, "Use default On" vs "On by default" in the exploit protection settings?If you can explain, can you do so in...
  8. Windows Security Exploit Protection settings

Windows Security Exploit Protection settings: Dear all In Windows Security > App- and browser control > Exploit Protection > Program settings There is a list of .exe files and you can add more prorgrams 1. What are those .exe files on the list? What does this list do? 2. Under some of the .exe files, it says "1 detention...
  9. Is This Normal? Exploit Protection.

Is This Normal? Exploit Protection.: Earlier this week I noticed strange activity on my network and my personal laptop, particularly. I am running Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS Build 19041.572 I stumbled upon the Exploit Protection settings accidentally. Everything was turned off. As in, every app, every...
  10. exploit protection prgram settings

exploit protection prgram settings: what would the default for exploit protection prgram settings look like? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exploit-protection-prgram-settings/e1a72e2b-5556-4831-b4e8-4263db95898a