Windows 10: Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore!

Discus and support Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys : I’m so frustrated! I got a random Windows 10 Security update 2 days back, and upon my laptop restarting automatically, I keep seeing an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZoeHash, Mar 28, 2021.

1. ZoeHash Win User

Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore!

Hi guys :

I’m so frustrated! I got a random Windows 10 Security update 2 days back, and upon my laptop restarting automatically, I keep seeing an “Explorer.exe” error when I try to access my “Start” menu which doesn’t work anymore, neither do any of the other icons on the taskbar except for Firefox. And the worst issue is I am unable to access my Settings due to these issues...

I have tried NUMEROUS things ranging from using the “Run” software for msconfig, WSReset.exe, regedit, powershell, rstrui, winver, regedt32, etc..

I have also tried using “Command Prompt” for Scannow, DSIM, and a few more things but I keep failing to find a solution.

I’ve tried rebooting, going into Safe Mode and trying to access my settings at least via Run, but NOTHING.

I have an Acer Aspire E5-574G laptop and these issues along with the “Explorer.exe” error are ruining my life! I’m going crazy spending hours trying to find solutions, and everything I found online leads to errors and no resolutions :’

The error is numbered as “File System Error -2144927436” btw.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Please help me!

:)

ZoeHash, Mar 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore! [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore!

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore! [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore!

1. Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away and Start doesn’t work anymore! - Similar Threads - Explore exe Error

2. Error Message Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Message Won't Go Away: On occasion I connect my Android phone to my computer via a USB cable plugged into a hub. That all goes OK, but when I remove the phone Samsung A51, I then get popups. Sometimes, 3 or more in a day....
  3. Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away. Start and Settings Don’t Work Either!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explore.exe Error Isn’t Going Away. Start and Settings Don’t Work Either!: Hi guys : I’m so frustrated! I got a random Windows 10 Security update KB4601319 about 2 days back, and upon my laptop restarting automatically, I keep seeing an “Explorer.exe” error when I try to access my “Start” menu which doesn’t work anymore, neither do any of the...
  4. PC doesn’t go to start screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC doesn’t go to start screen?: I’m probably just dumb, but my pc doesn’t go to start. It just shows mobo manufacturer, then goes straight to Home Screen. Is there anyway to not show the mobo (asrock b450m pro4) and also boot to start instead of straight to Home Screen? submitted by /u/Croohk [link]...
  5. Why doesn’t my Touchscreen work anymore?

Why doesn’t my Touchscreen work anymore?: I’ve had a Window Surface Laptop for quite some time, but after I updated it to window 10, the touchscreen won’t work anymore at all. submitted by /u/_An_Unknown_User_ [link] [comments]...
  6. “Critical error - Your Start Menu Isn’t Working”

“Critical error - Your Start Menu Isn’t Working”: This is a fucking nightmare! My problem is exactly the title. I have booted into safe mode, no work, turned it off and on, no work, and on top of that the poorly designed OS take 5 minutes to load 1 app! I have a 3.2GHz CPU with 8GB ram, so I know it’s not that! submitted by...
  7. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  8. How to dismiss Windows 10 volume overlay if it doesn’t go away

in Windows 10 News
    How to dismiss Windows 10 volume overlay if it doesn’t go away: In Windows 10, a volume slider or media overlay appear in the top-left corner of your screen when you change the volume. The feature is handy, especially when you have to change the track of your Spotify playlist or pause a YouTube content in new Microsoft Edge. Windows 10’s...
  9. Touchscreen doesn’t work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchscreen doesn’t work anymore: The touchscreen stopped working. I switched to the tablet mode but the touchscreen looks like it doesn’t exist. I use Dell Inspiron 15-5568 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-doesnt-work-anymore/9e0d0d7e-ae50-4dad-aac7-a87811cac792
  10. start menu does not go away

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu does not go away: i click on the start icon and the start menu appears. i click on the tile for the program i want to use and the program opens, but the start menu does not go away (i have to click on it to make it go away). i think it used to disappear when the program opens. am i wrong? is...