Windows 10: Explore.exe keeps hanging

Discus and support Explore.exe keeps hanging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Explorer.exe keeps hanging after every restart, login and even after system restart it hangs. I have tried killing and restarting from task manager but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmarnathKH, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Explore.exe keeps hanging

Explorer.exe keeps hanging after every restart, login and even after system restart it hangs. I have tried killing and restarting from task manager but it hangs again. Please help

:)

AmarnathKH, Mar 19, 2020
  2. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Mar 19, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    File explorer hangs

Sorry I got nothing more to suggest then.

File explorer hanging is an image issue. So if you can't do a repair upgrade or reset your PC then you can contact microsoft support directly to see if they have further steps but I am sure they are going to tell the same thing i did.

SarahKong, Mar 19, 2020
  4. kd833 Win User

Explore.exe keeps hanging

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Explore.exe keeps hanging

1. Explore.exe keeps hanging - Similar Threads - Explore exe keeps

2. Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging: Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging with the following error messages in Event Viewer: Windows Logs / Application - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - 1001 0 4 0 0 0x8000000000000000 111045 Application ComputerName - 0 AppHangTransient Not available 0...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging: Windows 11 Explorer keeps hanging with the following error messages in Event Viewer: Windows Logs / Application - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - 1001 0 4 0 0 0x8000000000000000 111045 Application ComputerName - 0 AppHangTransient Not available 0...
  4. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?: Windows explorer has frequently been hanging. This often happens when the computer wakes from sleep, but also sometimes happens when the computer has been in continuous use. The taskbar will stop displaying properly, the start menu won't be available, and windows explorer...
  5. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?: Windows explorer has frequently been hanging. This often happens when the computer wakes from sleep, but also sometimes happens when the computer has been in continuous use. The taskbar will stop displaying properly, the start menu won't be available, and windows explorer...
  6. Why does Windows Explorer keep hanging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...